Recent content by lindy72

1. L

Letterman jacket - do you still have yours?

Still have my jacket from football with a letter added for lacrosse. Graduated in ‘72 (High school). I also had a letter sweater. Never wore wore it. My mother thought it was “cool” to have because they were popular back in the 50’s and 60’s. Sweater is long gone. Jacket is in storage. getting...
  2. L

Who was your very first sports hero..?

Mickey Mantle…
  3. L

Black Diamond Ranch Quarry Course

Have played several times over the years. If you have an Exec Golf Orlando card: at one time they had a 2 day tournament called the Southern Diamond Shootout. I played this tournament several years. One round on Black Diamond and one round on Southern Hills (Another great course). 2 man...
  4. L

President Cup captain's picks? Does Tiger pick himself?

Let’s see: one full field win since 2013......I’m sure the International team is shaking in their boots at this....
  5. L

The Challenge Japan Skins

Probably pass. Another silly season event where the announcers will drool all over one player....
  6. L

Which golf announcers do you miss/not miss/like/don't like?

On course and interviews Bones, Jerry Foltz, Kay Cockerill, Karen Stupples. Booth: Terry Gannon, Faldo, Jim Nance (sometimes), Paul Azinger, Brad Faron, David Duval... People I really don’t care for: Notah Begay (as someone said earlier, he should be Tiger’s pool boy) and Rich Lerner who can’t...
  7. L

What 2 months (back to back) are the slowest/longest months out of the year for you?

Like above, not exactly 2 months: mid July to mid September because of the heat in central Florida. The temps are the same year after year but as I get older I seem to feel the heat more.... I’m on the coast just north of Daytona, at least we have some type of ocean breeze some days. Can not...
  8. L

World Am Myrtle Beach..Anybody play recently

I played 5 years in a row, the last being 10 years ago. Stopped going because of pace of play. Back then 5 1/2 hour rounds were the norm. My last round there was 6 1/2 hours. Not a lot of fun in the late August heat of eastern S. C. The blogs don’t tell you much. It was always fun if you went...
  9. L

Myrtle Beach Ocean Ridge Plantation

Friends are putting together our yearly golf outing for 24 in mid June. Making plans for the 4 courses at Big Cats Golf/Ocean Ridge Plantation. I played one of the courses 7-8 years ago in the World Am. It was nice, but tough. Is the place worth a trip? And they're planning to stay in condos at...
  10. L

Odyssey 9 putter adjustment

Bought an Odyssey 9 Metal putter (black) from a THPer... Love the feel, but the toe sits high off the ground.... Can the lie of this putter be adjusted? Went to a local shop near Daytona and the guy wanted $40 just to look at it to tell me if he could do it, then fitting and adjustment would...
  11. L

Phoenix Golf Trip

Will be heading out to the Phoenix area in mid May to meet up with a few buddies for our yearly golf trip.... They have made plans to play Gold Canyon, Dinosaur Course; TPC Stadium Course; Eagle Mountain; Raven.. 2 have free 2nd round/same day options...no idea where they made condo...
  12. L

Tour Vans at Tournaments

I've seen the numerous tour vans at tour stops before the tournaments begin...I read somewhere that the trucks have to leave by Wednesday night/Thursday morning (the start of the tourney) Is that true? And if it is true, why do they leave? Is this a rule? I know they may want to free up space on...
  13. L

World Am Tournament in Myrtle Beach

Anyone going this year?..I went for several years ('08, '09 and '10)..Main reason I stopped going was the pace of play..My last round in '10 was well over 6 hours..3 1/2 hours to play the first nine..Crazy.. And the heat and rain were no fun either..Just wondering if anyone is going or has gone...
  14. L

Have you ever just stop playing?

I was a regular player, 2-3 times a week and liked the game and people I played with...Golf trip to SW Florida in late May, good time...Played on June 3 and no golf since...Even moved to a golf community in Fl in Sept yet I still haven't played...Can't give a reason, just don't have the urge..I...
  15. L

Golf Handicaps

Does anyone know if the USGA (or any other organization) has a probability chart for handicaps? What I mean: If someone's handicap is a certain number, it will show the odds that this person could shoot a certain score..I read about something like this on a site for the WorldAm in Myrtle Beach...
Back