Recent content by Lost Golfer

1. L

Concentration and Focus

Great thoughts and tips. I’m gonna work on it. Thank you.
  2. L

Slowing the Takeaway

I just viewed a You Tube video by Paul Wilson Golf entitled “How to Slow Down Your Backswing”. I think it might help both you and me.
  3. L

Slowing the Takeaway

I have the same problem. Instead of a slow smooth takeaway like the pros have mine is almost like a quick snatch back and full throttle downswing. Obviously this has disastrous results. I just need that one thing that will help me remember because now when I step up to the ball all thoughts...
  4. L

Concentration and Focus

Now that I’m sitting here thinking about it, rushing everything is when it goes bad. I get out of the cart quickly, get up to the ball and swing quickly. Reading the thread on slowing your takeaway really hit home for me. It seems as though when I start going bad everything gets faster and I...
  5. L

Concentration and Focus

I ride because I can’t walk the course. I had an ankle fusion about 7-8 years ago and the ankle just still bothers me too much if I try to walk. I’m actually in constant pain but it is what it is. But I still love playing too much to give it up even if I’m not that good.
  6. L

Concentration and Focus

I think one of my main problems is I’m a Type A personality and I rush through a lot of things. I need to be more methodical and somehow figure out what works for me to slow down and like they say “smell the roses”.
  7. L

Concentration and Focus

I can be playing really well, focusing on not rushing the shot and making nice swings and then all of a sudden I’m swinging hard, unbalanced, etc. I seem to forget what has got me playing well and I’m gone for the rest of the round. It’s not that my mind is wandering on anything else in...
  8. L

Staying down through the shot

Thank you!!
  9. L

Sounds like a plan! I see you are near Atlanta and I’m in upstate NY. Lets meet in Virginia for the trade. lol
  10. L

I’m having trouble standing up during most of my shots. I really seem to do it instinctively instead of staying down through the shot. Has anyone had this problem? If so, any tips or drills to fix it? I hit the ball solid the few times that I do stay down but way too much inconsistency when...
  11. L

Need to Slow Everything Down

I think it’s ADD. I know what I need to do before I play but can’t seem to focus on it when I’m playing. Does that make sense?
  12. L

So it’s the pre swing I’m having trouble slowing down. That’s what I need help with. I seem to just rush through my preshot routine. It is so frustrating.
  13. L

When I said slow down my swing I meant that it was better tempo. Maybe it was a poor choice of words on my part.
  14. L

I want to reiterate that I am a Type A personality that does everything in my life at a fast pace. A lot of times it can be a good thing but when it comes to golf it’s a bad thing. I need to slow EVERYTHING down! I drive a cart because I have an ankle issue that will not allow me to walk. I...
  15. L

There in lies the problem. My natural pace of life is not conducive to golf.
Back