Recent content by lucan89

1. lucan89

WITB-Lucan89

Updated my entire bag besides my driver and putter for 2018 Cobra Fly Z at 10.5° Cobra F7 3-4 fwy at 15.5° Cobra F6 4-5 fwy at 18.5° Cobra BioCell 3-4 hyb at 22° Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-PW Mizuno MP-T4 wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Top Flite Tour mallet w/Superstroke 3.0 Slim 4i and hybrid will be...
  2. lucan89

Lucan89 2017 bag update

Got a new bag, and a couple new clubs, so I figured I'd make an updated thread. Really happy with the way it looks and plays so far. Might as well look good if I'm gonna suck at the game, haha Cobra Fly Z 10.5° Adams Speedline Super S 3w 15° Adams Speedline Super LS 5w 18° Bombtech 19° driving...
  3. lucan89

Finally swung my new wedges today.....

And they're awesome!!! I'm no scratch golfer, or even close to it, and I know alot of people rag on Bombtech, but I hit these things great today. They feel so much better than my previous wedges(SVG 2.0 clones), and in was able to control them great. Like them or not, they seem to be great...
  4. lucan89

Lucan89 WITB

Nothing fancy, but it's what works for now Cobra Fly Z driver Adams Super LS Speedline 5w SVG 2.0 irons(Taylormade Burner 2.0 clones)5-PW Bombtech 52, 56, 60 wedges Top-Flite chipper Bombtech blade putter Volvik Vivid orange balls Though I alternate between the blade putter and a Top-Flite...
  5. lucan89

Noob question-Granddaddy

I'm a new-ish member here, mostly browse, occasionally post. I also use the Tapatalk app, rarely using the actual website, so maybe that is part of my ignorance. I see everyone one talking about the Grandaddy. What is the selection process, how do you enter, and what are the stipulations, if...
  6. lucan89

New putter by Bombtech

Got me a new putter a few days ago and finally got to the course with it tonight. I've been gaming a mallet style putter with an insert, so a blade style with a milled face is much "hotter" for me to hit, but I think once I get a SuperStroke grip for it, I'll be really happy with it. The weight...
  7. lucan89

Volvik balls for 102-107mph swings

How are the Volvik Vivid balls working for the 102-107 swing speeds?? I am wanting to try them, but if they're similar to Callaway SuperSoft balls, I think I'll over compress them
  8. lucan89

Anyone else preorder a Bombtech blade putter today??

I bit the bullet and decided to give it a try, even though I prefer a mallet putter. Surely someone else on here has done it as well, lol This is my custom signature
  9. lucan89

Getting closer to bogey golf

Tied my personal best today. First day out with my new driver and absolutely love it. Only got 9 holes in, but with 20-25mph winds, I'll take it. I only hit 4 fairways, but even though I missed the rest, they weren't off by far. Only a couple would classify as bad drives This is my custom...
  10. lucan89

Ever had one of those days.......

When you just totally suck?? I'm no great golfer, and have yet to break 100. But I'm fairly consistent and can usually get through a round without losing more than one or 2 balls most of the time. Then today happened, lol. I tried out a new course, Sand Creek Station in Newton, KS. Went in...
  11. lucan89

Sawgrass is awesome!!!

I played the Dyes Valley Course today. Great course. Far nicer than anything this Kansas boy has played before, lol. Had a blast, and I hope I get to play it again someday This is my custom signature
  12. lucan89

Tpc Sawgrass club rentals??

I'm here in Jacksonville for work training and wanting to find a place to play, but I need to rent clubs. Does anyone know if Sawgrass rents clubs?? I can get a tee time on the Dyes Valley course next Sunday for a decent price due to them saying the putting surfaces aren't up to their standards...
  13. lucan89

New guy from Kansas

New to THP. I made a profile a few days ago and have been lurking and commenting a bit here and there. I started golfing last year, and have yet to break 100(best round has been 101), but I love the game and am always looking to improve. I'm from Smith Center, KS. Looks like a great forum here...
Back