Recent content by Luchnia

1. Luchnia

Golf myths that need to go away

This thread brought several things to my mind and no doubt there are many golf myths that are constantly told. I have a buddy that every time he makes a bad shot he says, "I raised my head again." or "I picked my head up." Never fails and I am setting there knowing that is not the problem. I...
  2. Luchnia

Why we play for scores instead of handicap differential?

This is a good topic, but I am sure it doesn't fit some golfers that just want to smack the ball around and not concerned about the course difficulty. I deal with course difficulty as I play in two different senior tournament leagues (actually three, but one is a smaller laid back league which...
  3. Luchnia

New Guitar on the way

Thank you so much for this information and the photo. I am pretty sure that was handmade and no doubt is a treasure to own.
  4. Luchnia

Stock Market & Retirement Planning

All of you share some great information! I have been retired starting my fourth year now and so far I have not had to touch any of my financial accounts such as 401s, cash, etc. I do keep a bit more cash in 3 accounts than I should, but I want to make sure I have cash money readily available...
  5. Luchnia

What Driver Shaft Are You Using Right Now?

Excaliber, not sure the model number (probably 65G stiff), but it is a good shaft at a good very price. Have used others and have a number of driver shafts laying around now because of trying to see what might work the best for me, but I keep putting this Excaliber back in. Seems to perform very...
  6. Luchnia

Lets talk about the Pro V1

I have played many golf balls, but for some strange reason I wind right back at the Pro V1s. This has happened numerous times now, so I just finally said to myself, I will play Pro V1s and that is that. The only time I deviate is when temps are cold, I will play a slightly softer ball.
  7. Luchnia

Mid Atl meet up (Oct) The W word is banned

The older generation and even many of my generation took thought about not throwing everything away they worked very hard to buy. The kids today just buy it and toss it when they grow tired of it - seems a waste too. No doubt cleaning up after one that has passed on can be a daunting task and a...
  8. Luchnia

That is some serious body rotation there for what appears to be a short iron. Is that a sand wedge? :D
  9. Luchnia

Is Royal New Kent the confirmed course, or is there another course in mind?
  10. Luchnia

I have tournaments on 7 and 21, so those are out for me. Scheduling is always a challenge to get a group together, but hopefully something will work out this time.
  11. Luchnia

Mid Atlantic meet up- Sept

We were playing Brickshire in a tournament tomorrow and got notice from the course they are officially closed tomorrow. 4:00 PM weather is saying up to 20mph winds tonight and rain so might not be too bad for your dinner plans if no power issues, but use caution as roadways could get nasty.
  12. Luchnia

Mid Atlantic meet up- Sept

I have a league tournament at Brickshire Saturday and it is looking iffy because of the rain. Let's hope the weather forecasters are wrong as they often are, or if it rains, hopefully won't be a big set back on the round. :cool:
  13. Luchnia

Fairway Wood Review Rant - Why always a 3 wood???

Did you find your on course data to be the same as your sim? I have a sim as well and my sim always showed my 3 wood as a much weaker club than my 5 wood, but on course the 3 wood has proven itself time and time again over the 5 wood. I have yet to figure out why the difference with the sim, but...
Back