Recent content by malemotives

1. malemotives

What did you shoot today?

45 / 41 = 86 (6500 yds rating 72.4) Played golf today, at Fircrest, with Alonzo Mitz... Former Seattle Seahawks linebacker / defensive end (1986–1989). It's a challenging course and only my 2nd 80+ round in a month, but I was happy with it given the course and had an AWESOME time. BTW, Alonzo...
  2. malemotives

Would You Do Your Own Club Work?

TRUE... but having a bench and vice is nice. Especially if you want to install with compressed air, which I often do.
  3. malemotives

Would You Do Your Own Club Work?

I do my own club work, and club work for my Home course. For those considering it, you really need the right equipment and it AIN'T cheap.
  4. malemotives

Presidents Cup - who does TW pick?

So... what we now know is he did pick himself to play... and the in the latest move, since Keopka dropped out, Rickie Fowler has been added.
  5. malemotives

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Today I finished building the last of 20 sets of golf clubs and 50 single clubs (drivers, woods, putters) for our Course annual Christmas party door prizes. As I have mentioned before, our course, American Lake Veterans Golf Course (https://www.veterangolf.org/) is an 18 hole Jack Nicklaus...
  6. malemotives

How's your year gone?

As golf season winds down here in the PNW (Washington), my local play comes to an end this week, as I head for Florida for the winter. It has been a really good, and active, year, as... beside play at my Home Course and winning the Club Championship, I also played in our Area Sweeps League, in...
  7. malemotives

PGA Golf Show

Who has been to the PGA Golf Show? I will be repping my Golf Club at the 2020 PGA Golf Show in Orlando, FL on January 20. My Club manager says I will feel like a kid in a candy store.
  8. malemotives

Golf Carts: Driver or Riding Shotgun?

I have taken to driving rather than riding shotgun... ever since I was a passenger in a cart when the driver lost control and I ended up with a broken wrist. Not against being a passenger, I just feel more comfortable if I am driving.
  9. malemotives

41 -35= 76 This past week... 72, 74 . 72, 81, 76
  10. malemotives

Florida bound...

Will play my last round of golf... for the year, here in Washington state, tomorrow. Arrive in Florida Friday afternoon... Spring Hill (Tampa/St Pete area). Looking forward to warmer weather. Will also be attending the PGA Show in Orlando in January.
  11. malemotives

Official Hole In One Thread

Made my 5th hole in one in September... a bump and run 8 iron on a 132 yard Par 3. Landed 15 yards short of the green, bounced on and made a slight right turn following the contour of the green, right into the hole.
  12. malemotives

Winter Golf...

Where do you go to play WInter golf? I will leave Washington state on November 20th and head for Spring Hill, Florida... north of Tampa / St Pete.
  13. malemotives

41 - 35 = 76 BTW, it is my 5th sub 80 round this past week, including two 74s (my age) and two 72s.
  14. malemotives

Retrieving those lost golf balls...

Wouldn't it be nice if you could get those lost golf balls back? I mean, at $25/$35/$45 a dozen, golf ball investments can get out of hand. At ALVGC we have volunteers who regularly scour the brush and search through the tall fescue, retrieving 100s of golf ball a week. Those ball are brought...
  15. malemotives

Clubs 4 Veterans

David Haagensen... the clubs arrived on Saturday (yesterday). Adams Idea Hybrids are already issued to a veteran (73 year old Army Vet... John) and on the course this morning WITH SMILES. The SV2s and putter will be issued on Monday, July 15, to Steve... a Marine vet who is currently housed in...
Back