Recent content by mancest

1. mancest

Looking For Testers: Edel SMS Wedges

Oh man, this is another amazing opportunity for THPers! 1. Set Wedge 51*, Cleveland CBX 56*, Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 60* 2. The most intriguing thing is obviously the adjustable weights. Would love to test out the different slots to see what results would be. Seeing what some other THPers...
  2. mancest

2021 UST Mamiya Shaft Up # 3 Irish Course Hole by Hole

And we are hitting the home stretch: No. 15 Frog Water 479 459 416 370 335 Par 4 Handicap: 1 How to Play This Hole The safe play off the tee is down the left side, although this makes the hole play even longer. A long approach should also favor the left side. Conservative play will...
  3. mancest

Are You A Mudder?

I have spent too much money on rain gear and waterproof shoes that I will play in the rain. Has to be pretty terrible conditions for me to not get a round in.
  4. mancest

Wedge Setup

I personally only go 2 non set wedges: Set PW (46*) and AW (51) and then go with a Cleveland 56/60, both of the full face. For me, the set wedge is mostly just full or 3/4 shots so the added forgiveness is more needed than the versatility I might get from a blade type GW.
  5. mancest

Finn Scooters

I am sure they are amazing, but I would hurt myself on one of these. I could barely ride a bike when I was a kid so adding a motor, golf clubs and however much weight I have put on = recipe for disaster.
  6. mancest

Man, starting to get a mix of excitement and sadness as we get closer to the finish line here... May have to get a bottle of this stuff to drink while we play this hole: No. 14 Tullamore Dew 564 520 508 469 380 Par 5 Handicap: 11 How to Play This Hole A solid tee shot anywhere in...
  7. mancest

The Stack System

I forgot to add, took me 40 minutes to do this workout, lots of rest time, and I spent 5 minutes plus talking to my neighbor who was confused at what I was doing. It will also take some time for me to figure out the weights but the app is awesome. I do the training with my AirPods in so just...
  8. mancest

The Stack System

So did baseline today, a couple of the numbers I think I read wrong, need to replace the batteries in my sensor as I think the 88 was actually a 98, but oh well. I need to learn what eSpeed is
  9. mancest

Shaft Up #3 with UST Mamiya Contest - Whistling Straits Swag Bag

Index is listed to the left of what you are reading now and swing speed is 95-98 when I have been on quad.
  10. mancest

AutoFLex Shaft

So I have one more round before I get fit by one of the greats to something different, but in over 50 rounds with my Autoflex there have been good times and better times I have been taking lessons and back to a committed fitness program (long way to go on both). But overall my handicap has...
  11. mancest

Shaft Up #3 with UST Mamiya Contest - Whistling Straits Swag Bag

I will hold off on making my predictions as I think that might skew some of the results....
  12. mancest

The Hydration Thread

Both 1 and 2? IF I know I am going to have a hot day or two on the course I will try and load up the day before by drinking extra water and having a electrolyte additive (have been using liquid IV lately). Then regardless of the temp I shoot for having 64 oz of water and 1 electrolyte...
  13. mancest

Chipping.....Do you use your highest loft?

Most shots I am grabbing my 56* (before it was my 54*). If I am short sided or playing a decent up hill shot I will grab my 60*. The best advice is to get it on the ground as soon as you can. I don't practice enough with an iron to play the bump and run consistently and admire the guys that...
  14. mancest

The Stack System

Stack arrived Saturday, went through and got the app on my phone so I am ready to go. Played each day so want to start this fresh and will do my first stack attack today. Believe this will be setting up a baseline to work off of going forward. Plan is to do the training every other day, prior...
  15. mancest

I cannot wait to see these holes in person, just wild how awesome this course looks!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in