Recent content by mantan

1. mantan

Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

#fingerssocrossed
  2. mantan

CONTEST Live Update Thread – The 2024 WorldWide Golf Championship

#knockemouttheboxRick That song has been stuck in my head since reading this! Casita 3 is where is was at! Cool to hang out with you and @outlawx - especially since we didn’t get a chance to play in the same group.
  3. mantan

DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

That’s what I finally learned to do. Just too much risk to try to carry a driver. So it’s two hybrids and stay left of the tree on the second shot….
  4. mantan

The Golf Ranch in Richardson converted 90% of their bays to Top Tracer bays last year. Before then, it was probably the largest green grass facility in the metroplex besides Leondard LInks in Ft. Worth. The plus side is you get to see data on all of your shots. The downside is you're hitting...
  5. mantan

Spoiler alert - I bet he says 18 sucks!! lol. My goodness that's a difficult finishing hole.
  6. mantan

Do/did you tip your fitter?

IMO, it depends on the type of fitting. My current fitter runs a custom club shot and charges a healthy fee for a fitting. I don't tip him as I feel like he's charging a set hourly rate commensurate with his skill/experience. If it was a really good fitting from somebody who was a staff...
  7. mantan

I hate I couldn’t get out with you this week. I was digging out of work after being at the WWGC last week. Especially since I will be out again tomorrow and Friday. I hope you’re able to get out. Other than the wind, the weather is great. But you’re from Oklahoma so you’re used to it lol
  8. mantan

I’d say you are both absolutel blue chip gold standard dudes- no doubt about it!
  9. mantan

You'll appreciate that it took me and @MarMill until the back 9 of the last day to realize we are both OU grads! #Boomer!
  10. mantan

Your Favorite Practice Facility Amenity?

Hitting off grass is the #1 requirement. I'm fortunate enough live in the part of the country where grass rangers are easier to maintain and for most of my golf life, finding a grass range was pretty easy. Second is a decent short game area. I get it though. A short game area isn't a 'money...
  11. mantan

That bladed shot on 12! Yikes!! My short game is always on the edge of disaster. The golf gods thew me the biggest bone that I didn't deserve there. I couldn't believe I got away with it...and had to laugh when @Deebo76 gave me $hit about it from the 13th tee. :ROFLMAO: . I think I putted...
  12. mantan

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

I've always had a curiosity about Wilson...and the AI Fit option looks cool and is available locally. 1. Which irons do you currently play? Srixon ZX5 2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? A forged forgiving club with the latest tech and custom fit with...
  13. mantan

Yep, I'll get some to you. PM me your address and I'll drop them in the mail. Look forward to you and @MarMill getting up here to golf with me and @outlawx soon!!
  14. mantan

Cleveland CBX4 Wedges Review

My ZX5 PW is 44*. I have a 48* CBX4 that’s perfect for gapping. As I use it mostly as a full swing club- then my 52 and 56 for short game work… The only thing I might have changed was getting the same shaft as my PW - as it’s mostly a full swing club.
Back