Recent content by Mark_UK

1. Mark_UK

off the course do you wear golf logo hats and shirts?

Rarely. I’m logo free these days.
  2. Mark_UK

Same grip for chips?

Putting is the only time my grip changes.
  3. Mark_UK

Any motorcycle owners out there?

Just because I don’t need much excuse, a pic of the current Mark_UK fleet.
  4. Mark_UK

New RevCore Premium Stand Bags - Available Now!

My finger has been hovering over a PXG hybrid bag the last couple of days, but just couldn’t do it. I don’t generally go for branded bags, and I thought I’d look way too much of a twat, so I’ve gone for the black 6 way stand bag. The top opening is slightly better, it’s more low key and with the...
  5. Mark_UK

Wedge shaft question

I used to play steel in my SW with all other shafts matching my set. Latest clubs I bought had a deal for 7 irons, and as I don’t use anything below a 6, I decided to get a set SW. The shaft matches the rest of the set, the Mitsubishi MMT 70, and have to say, it worked like a charm on its...
  6. Mark_UK

Really random: which pocket?

Extra feel on the feel shots. Plus, if the suns out, I don’t want 1 tanned hand and 1 ghost white hand LOL.
  7. Mark_UK

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Watch has been solid for a while, but it did a couple of strange things last round. It had the wrongs club recorded on a couple of holes, and in the actual app itself, I have a random club in my bag that I’ve never even heard of, let alone owned, using a tag that I’m not even using. As soon as I...
  8. Mark_UK

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

Odyssey O Works Black 1W putter. I took a putter that was working out of the bag once before and instantly learned my lesson.
  9. Mark_UK

Newest Club In Your Bag?

PXG 0311 Gen 6 XP irons. I ******* love them! So much so, I’ve signed up to take the driver challenge next month.
  10. Mark_UK

Flying leap on equipment

Ping G425 irons. Wasn’t a complete leap as I tried my buddies during a round. Bought them and it was a complete disaster. 3 months later, they’ve been replaced. Serves me right for not taking my own advice, never buy without getting fit first.
  11. Mark_UK

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

I was fit into new clubs the other week and took them out for their first outing this past weekend. I went out in 2 over and back in 5 over which is better than my average. According to shot scope, I hit 53% of GIR compared to my average of 34%. I’d say that’s a pretty good advert for getting...
  12. Mark_UK

Really random: which pocket?

Always go’s in the front left pocket.
  13. Mark_UK

Sustainable Footwear?

Adidas have been making their shoes out of recycled plastic for a good while now. It’s not something that I actively hunt, but if the shoes looks good, I guess it’s a bit of an added bonus.
  14. Mark_UK

What would you shoot at Augusta?

I’d take it a La a win to break 100, but I think realistically I’d be somewhere between 100 and 110 in tournament conditions. When 3D TVs became a thing, I watched the event in 3D and the course is brutal with its undulations. The greens would crucify me.
  15. Mark_UK

What is your favorite cell phone app? (non-golf)

Couldn’t give a favourite, I have a core of apps that get regular use. Facebook and Instagram Sky News App BBC sport app Global Player app for uk radio Amazon app Beeline motorcycle gps app No way could I narrow it down to 1.
Back