Recent content by MattM

1. M

My DIY Backyard Putting Green!

I'm further along with finishing this up. I'm using 3 1/2 inch wavey timber nails and 6 inch wavey timber nails to pin the rough/fringe to the green. I'm about halfway done with it now. After I get everything fully pinned back into place I'll start tidying up the holes to make them look...
  2. M

I was able to get more of the fringe area added to the green, and got a better angle on this next pic. I would have gotten more done, but it was literally below freezing when I got home last night from work, and the wind was blowing pretty hard as well! Anyway, I'm just happy to even complete...
  3. M

Ok. So....over the weekend I was able to add the addition of a paverbase panel "lip" to the green subbase to give a raised area for the Fringe to butt up against and be attached to the green. After I did that I started to add extensions to the fringe to give a little added length since the...
  4. M

Below is a look at my subbase (now with the brock paver base panels). I used 6 inch galvanized nails and nailed the panels down to keep them in place. Don't know if this will stay or not, but I hope! Tonight I'll start to cut the cups in to better align the green on top.
  5. M

Here is a pic of one of the holes cemented in. I dug two inches around the hole and one inch deeper than the cup the used mortar and ran it down the sides of the cup then used a trowel to smooth the cement out as best I could. I have noticed with the cemented holes the flag sticks stay...
  6. M

I wanted to post a few more after I got everything cleaned off and put more infill into the rough to get the blades to stand up. It really looks good when fully cleaned!!!
  7. M

Anybody from the Harrisburg Pa area that plays a lot of golf?

I'm always looking for people to play golf with. I usually golf on the weekends earlier mornings. Post in here, where you play etc. My two main courses are Dauphin Highlands and Range End...
  8. M

I got that rounded spot filled in. I think it came out really good! So now I can focus on finishing everything up now, and should be fully done in the next couple of days!
  9. M

So....in the process of finishing this last weekend I decided I didn't like the one area near the fire pit being so angular or straight so I went to home depot and got some tools and learned how to shape bricks. Here is how that area turned out: From This: To This: I think it looks a...
  10. M

So...I finished the one side in Jan. then just didn't feel like finishing it for a while. Now I'm in the process of finishing the other side: Ok. So. I wanted to give everyone quick easy links to the products I have and the instructions for the trap and green/fringe install. First, the...
  11. M

I definitely wanted to take the time to post my backyard putting green that I just did. I will also include links to the items I purchased as well as provide some background info to anyone who would like the information. Anyway. On to the backyard install. So my backyard started out like...
  12. M

Hey guys! I really want to show you all my pics of my backyard putting green, but I'm really having issues trying to get the photos on here. I'm trying to imbed from Facebook, but it doesn't seem to be working. I also don't want to create an account on a forum hoster site or pay photobucket...
Back