Recent content by MattUtah

1. M

SeeMore Putters Thread

Quick question for Seemore: How come you guys don’t make carbon putters anymore? Just too expensive or is there another reason? Didn’t sell enough to make it worth it? Not enough difference from 303? Was the mFGP from like 10 years ago the last carbon you did?
  2. M

TaylorMade Releases Spider FCG Putter

So actual MOI number isn’t high, but it feels more stable just based on the size/shape?Am I getting that right?
  3. M

TaylorMade Releases Spider FCG Putter

Did they say how much? Roughly? Are we talking 4500? 5000? I don’t see how it would approach spider’s 5500 with all the weight forward.
  4. M

Odyssey 2-Ball (-Triple Track) Appreciation

The TT 2-ball sits more square than the Ten and Marxman. With those putters you really need to get your hands forward to set them up. The 2-ball naturally wants to sit that way - that site even notes the loft measured in low at 1.3*. I think that helped it roll better for their testers who were...
  5. M

Review Odyssey TEN and Bird of Prey Putter Review

I agree with your review. The more I try both the more I prefer the Bird of Prey. I still think the Ten feels better off the face. It’s a little more solid feeling. The Bird feels more hollow. However, Bird of Prey just hits my line better. The alignment is easier. It tracks back and through...
  6. M

First Look – Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey and Ten Putters

I tried both indoors, not outside like you did. That could make some difference. I think the best way to describe the difference in feel off the face was that the insert in the BOP felt “thinner” while the insert in the Ten felt thicker. Kinda like how the spider X has a thicker insert than the...
  7. M

This was my *exact* reaction after trying both. I figured I’d go and probably buy the Bird. After trying both I thought the Ten felt a lot better off the face. The Ten’s feel with that new insert is phenomenal. The Bird didn’t have the same feeling to me. It felt more harsh. Something else I...
  8. M

I guess I lump these more with the EXO models based on price and multi material construction. It’s just plastic in place of aluminum. If they were purely after MOI, the old WHP Havok model was over 6300 and it was all steel. I have one and you can definitely feel the stability. Great insert...
  9. M

When they say these are super high MOI, I was definitely expecting more. Not saying MOI is the be all, end all, but they’re printing it on the putter.. Also not sure how they’re figuring this is 1k more than a Spider? These were Odyssey’s numbers from last year. The Ten basically seems like Indy.
Back