Recent content by McRock

1. McRock

Bushnell Wingman View

If I remember the first wingman, it was a bluetooth speaker, that would connect to your phone's gps, and then you could hit a button on the speaker and it would read out yardages. I also recall it was a better than average speaker. So does this one work independent of your phone? And I will...
  2. McRock

Stroll Golf Shoes

They can make breathable shoes without the 'knit/patchwork' look, though. ~Rock
  3. McRock

Stroll Golf Shoes

Seriously, why does everyone want to make these 'knit' style shoes? ~Rock
  4. McRock

Shorts stained from rubbing on steering wheel

My secret trick is.... Ask my wife. If that doesn't work for you, then you should probably call your mom. Or at least that's how it works for me. ~Rock
  5. McRock

What do you do with your driver cover?

With head covers these days, put it back on. It takes maybe 2 seconds. Now, the older (10+ years ago) sock style covers, I might leave those off. Those were a pain. ~Rock
  6. McRock

Poll: would you rather

The free golf seems like a better money deal truthfully. Especially if I can play any public course of my choosing. Besides, I already make every putt inside of 5 feet. :ROFLMAO: ~Rock
  7. McRock

Mevo+ Pro VS Bushnell LP/GC3

I use Mevo+ exclusively indoors. I have 9-10 feet ball to screen, and it does estimate driver spin, often much higher than real life. I only see that issue with driver, and has a lot to do with how much time the radar has to read the ball. Metallic stickers don't help (and presumably, that...
  8. McRock

Does your home course have a driveable par 4?

Two of them actually. One is 255 on the card, but is usually 248 with the tee blocks. Maybe just slightly uphill, but otherwise its straight and there's nothing protecting the green. The other is 292 on the card, but tee boxes are typically up, so it's usually about 284 yards. Also flat...
  9. McRock

Why don’t we practice?

No, but you can use mine whenever you want. All you have to do is drive up here. Unfortunately, the gas money you'd spend would probably buy you sim time down there. ~Rock
  10. McRock

Why don’t we practice?

I'm sure for most of us, it's because life gets in the way. Work, kids, school, etc. 6 years ago, I would be at my course at least 3 nights a week, usually more, hitting balls from inside 50 yards to whatever green I wanted to on the course. That stopped. It stopped in part because the...
  11. McRock

Spot in your bag that's a revolving door

Technically wedges, and even those are only every 3 years or so. ~Rock
  12. McRock

What’s your driver carry + 15 yds number?

Looks like I was pretty spot on with my guess then that 104 mph swing speed with optimal launch and spin would get a person 260 yards of carry, +15 yards = the bomber range that so many people are casting their vote for. 104 mph is not that far out of line. Plenty of amateurs have that kind of...
  13. McRock

Just ordered a "founders" golf bag. Anyone familiar with them?

A guy at my course just showed up with one of those bags a couple of weeks ago. It looked sharp. He was pleased with it. I didn't go digging through pockets or anything to see how much storage there was or the quality of the build, but he liked it. ~Rock
  14. McRock

Turn don't lift

As to the OP, I've tried that drill before, and it did not work for me. I'm a firm believer in different drills will work for different people, even if the drill are attempting to accomplish the same thing. For me, when I focus on turning my body versus simply swinging my arms, my focus is on...
  15. McRock

What’s your driver carry + 15 yds number?

Well, I guess there are several faster swing speeds out there. What do we think it takes to carry 260 yards? About 104 mph swing speed with otherwise ideal launch and spin numbers? ~Rock
Back