Recent content by mhuelsman131

1. mhuelsman131

Toulon First Run Collection Putters

Been rolling my Memphis in the office and in the simulator but it'll get its first real test this weekend at the course. So far I love the feel, but don't love the grip. Went with the first run oversize and the end cap is kind of a thick hard plastic compared to the soft, tacky grip. I tend to...
  2. mhuelsman131

Teach me! Alabama Golf Trip?

A couple of buddies and I stayed at this property at Oxmoor Valley in Birmingham a couple of years ago now. https://www.ostergolfhouses.com/player-birmingham-al-orp5b61487x House was awesome and Oxmoor has 2 courses and is close to Ross Bridge as well. They have a couple of bigger houses on...
  3. mhuelsman131

Titleist TSR Mini Driver

If these come to retail and the shop ends up with a demo I will definitely take it out to test. Always been fascinated with the mini drivers but have never taken one on course with me. Seems like it could be a lot of fun.
  4. mhuelsman131

Club in your bag you WILL NOT replace this year?

Apex UWs are 100% staying in the bag. Things have been absolute weapons on the course. The only reason I'd be replacing them is if the face wears out from hitting it too much.
  5. mhuelsman131

My Backyard Putting Green Project

Following this one for sure. I'm in the process of putting a playscape in for the kiddos with an eye on the future - using this nice, dugout, level area for a putting green.
  6. mhuelsman131

Toulon First Run Collection Putters

Memphis H7 is on the way, should be here Monday! Black shaft, 3* loft, 71* lie, first run oversized grip. I saw Tony's post and fell in love with it all over again. Love the reshape from the original and the H7 just looks so smooth on it.
  7. mhuelsman131

Sunday Bags? Do you use one?

This thread is amusing today. I picked up a sunday bag over the winter to be able to walk a 3-hole loop around the clubhouse with my 2 year old this season. I keep my bag and push cart (broken down) at the course and figured this was an easy way to grab the 3 or 4 clubs I need and bounce around...
  8. mhuelsman131

What 4 clubs are on your “personal” Mt. Rushmore…???

1. Odyssey Metal-X #7 (first #7 I ever owned, never looked back) 2. Cleveland TL310 Driver (first driver I was ever fit for - loved the Miyazaki shaft) 3. Nike VR Pro Combo Irons (longest lasting irons I've played) 4. Callaway Apex UW (finally found a keeper for the 3h/5w spot in the bag)
  9. mhuelsman131

New Scotty Cameron’s.

Can I have one of the 7.5's with the dots instead of the arrow? If so I might be sold.
  10. mhuelsman131

Let’s Talk Club Building

Been putting off swapping iron shafts for no good reason but now that its dead of winter I figured I'd finally get around to putting KBS tours in my T100s. Last time I swapped shafts in my wedges I didn't do a good enough job cleaning out the hosel so I found some of the drill bit cleaners this...
  11. mhuelsman131

NEWS OWGR Says No to LIV Golf

Would it make sense to limit how far down the leaderboard a LIV player gets OWGR points? Say only the top 24 each week get points? That essentially would impose a "cut" on the field and solve one of the perceived issues.
  12. mhuelsman131

TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver

I'm interested to see if this will help my old man a bit. He struggles to hit driver with any sort of consistency so he plays 3 wood off a lot of tees. He's tried choking up on the driver shaft and its helped a little, but I think this might be a great solution off the tee for him.
  13. mhuelsman131

2023 Lamkin Grips Preview

Any idea when the new UTx colors will hit the shelves? I've been looking for a z-cord replacement and like the new color options apart from the gray.
  14. mhuelsman131

New Release: Callaway Apex UW

I checked Mike's too and they definitely have some 17* and 21* heads. Price was similar to the demo bags at Golfers - I'd ask both if they price match though, CPO just put them back on sale. Good luck!
  15. mhuelsman131

New Release: Callaway Apex UW

Picked it up at Golfers Warehouse - was the only 19* I could find and it was similarly priced to CPO so I bit the bullet. I usually don't get along with PX shafts but for whatever reason using the 6.0 seems to be matching up with my swing and this club.
Back