Recent content by Mikede1285

1. Mikede1285

2021 Super Bowl Contest and Thread

Chiefs. Mahomes is coming from Brady's GOAT status
  2. Mikede1285

Best app to track stats

+1 GRINT If you’re looking for the simple stats but also want to have access to more detail later. It’s a pretty easy to use and loads quickly. The only thing you need to look out for is the GPS sometimes takes a few seconds to get your accurate distance if you decide to utilize that feature...
  3. Mikede1285

2021 Better You Fitness Thread

I’ve been staying motivated since starting full force in late October with the peloton. I’m on day 70 of some sort of excercise through the app. I’m good for 4 to 5 spin classes a week, one strength, 2 Yoga and stretching in the mornings and post rides. I definitely want to keep this up as long...
  4. Mikede1285

Congrats: You Just Won the Golden Ticket

Congrats @NVGOLFER80! Excited to see what you pick.
  5. Mikede1285

CONTEST TaylorMade Swag Pack

My heart is with the TM R510 driver. It was my first non hand me down driver purchase. I was able to get a new one off eBay a year after they came out that had a 7.5 degree loft. Wasn’t always consistent with it but it sure did fly far when I hit it square. Considering all but three of my...
  6. Mikede1285

Do you chase a Golf Handicap?

I keep one and have focused on it pretty closely the last 5 or so year. It probably helped my game early on in that period but definitely has had me focusing on the outcome of each round and pressing some. Now that I started using arccos towards the end of this seasons it's got me paying...
  7. Mikede1285

Your can't miss shot

110 with my 50. I feel like I can get it close enough for a makanle put more times than not. Also , Love hitting the 50 three quarters from 80. I've found that if I can leave my self that distance in I'm gonna score better then if I try to get up closer green like say a 50 yarder.
  8. Mikede1285

CONTEST Ben Hogan GS53 Max- Snowman Pays it Forward

Thanks @Snowman and @Jman for this opportunity. I put my comment in the GS53 Max review as well as the review of the Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids. This club looks great and would love to get the chance to game it.
  9. Mikede1285

Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I'll be thinking about getting a new 3 wood at some point this season and from what I have seen and read hear these will be near the top of my list to try. I love the design with the speed rail that they have on this and the last couple models. I've always struggled with hitting my 3w off the...
  10. Mikede1285

Ben Hogan GS53 Max Driver Review

The low spin is definitely the most intriguing to me. Driver can definitely get overly spinny and I lose plenty of distance on it. They look is great as well. I love how clean it is. It's great that it's not at a higher price point of some other brands but still looks like it is a premium design.
  11. Mikede1285

What's missing in public golf?

For a muni I think making them a bit easier for the general public is a good start. Especially with taking out excess trees or long grass. I see one of the biggest factors in slow play by amaturrs when I play is hitting into trees or long grass and taking too much time to search for balls.
  12. Mikede1285

Make a word from "golf" by changing only one letter

Flow or Fold. Both states I've felt on the Fold course.
  13. Mikede1285

CONTEST The Golden Ticket Challenge

Favorite club in the bag is my old TM r7 rescue 3 hybrid. It's not the oldest club in my bag and my go to if I'm struggling off the tee or have a long approach into a green.
  14. Mikede1285

How much do you think you’ll spend in golf next year?

I'd say about $3k. Maybe 30 greens fees a new club, some balls, a few lessons and maybe a small trip.
Back