Recent content by Mikey Lawless

1. Mikey Lawless

Trying to Break 100

I think you would be wise to do the most work on your short game Annhl8rX. I always seem to score better when my irons, wedges and putter are working good. The goal should be to get your approach as close to the hole as possible. At least that's what works for me. For example, a typical 350 yard...
  2. Mikey Lawless

Trying to Break 100

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of Riverside. It really puts to hurt to short hitters like myself. I played Selma a few times, "Back in the Day." It was a nice course. Sad to see it gone after I took the game back up after not playing for a long time. Palm Lakes....I played my first round ever there...
  3. Mikey Lawless

Trying to Break 100

I'm a little south, in Clovis. We play at Airways quite a bit, Sherwood Forest in Sanger, and the Tulare and Visalia courses. Haven't made it up that far north yet. One of these days maybe!
  4. Mikey Lawless

Re-Shafted Cleveland CBX wedges

I have a pair of CBW wedges with steel regular flex shafts. My other irons have lightweight graphite senior flex shafts that move the inertia point much closer to the head. 70 grams compared to the 110 gram steel shafts on the CBX wedges. I am considering putting similar shafts, like I have in...
  5. Mikey Lawless

Trying to Break 100

Had a great day with my son on Sunday at the local municipal course. It's hot here in the summer, so getting the as early as possible is the best play. It was looking to be close to 100° by noon. We had a 7:10 tee time. Both of us are walkers too. I changed things up a bit this time. I pretty...
  6. Mikey Lawless

Does your work provide coffee?

My employer is Mormon. Coffee is a violation of the "Words of Wisdom." So, I have my coffee before work. That serves me well. I make it the way I like, (Cut me off a chunk of that coffee), and it limits my intake.
  7. Mikey Lawless

Happy Birthday Thread

Thanks! It was pretty dang good. This time. Although a July 4th Burfday is kinda cool, there are downsides. A lot of times, friends and family make holiday travel plans, and often burfdays are spent alone. This one wasn't one of those times. As for "much younger" that America....I'm at 27% of...
  8. Mikey Lawless

Car Rims

Yeah, I get that. Money is becoming a bigger issue with these cars as time goes on. It used to be a working man's hobby. Now a restorable fastback that isn't a total rust bucket fetches 10K USD. Beetles can still be bought for less, but not much. Sometimes, one gets lucky and finds something...
  9. Mikey Lawless

Car Rims

I really like the Cragars. I had 'em on a 1970 Dodge Challenger back in the late 70's/early80s. Skinnies up front, fatties in the back! The classic look But, I saw a late model Dodge pick-up about the same year as mine with 20" Cragars. I didn't like it so much. I guess the "Spoke/Rim ratio was...
  10. Mikey Lawless

The 60 and over Thread

Oh I have a couple Hybrids and they have been the proverbial game changer! A couple of TaylorMade RBZs. In THAT case the "Arrow" helped a bunch. And as it turns out, I'm an archer too. And I can hit the target with just about any arrow that I have. Just like golf clubs, there are many different...
  11. Mikey Lawless

Do you ever feel unsatisfied after a round?

If I go with expectations, I'm usually leaving the course unsatisfied. If I go without worrying about score, then I leave with a smile on my face.
  12. Mikey Lawless

The 60 and over Thread

Yes they do! They sound like days of yore. If you get the chance, it's a good show. I would definitely go again, even though I'm not a big Chicago fan. Just a lover of great music
  13. Mikey Lawless

Car Rims

AuzzieMatt, it's a VW motor. Punched out to 2.2liters, turbocharged, with fuel injection and running on methanol. It's run a best of 9.70 at 143mph. But it quite a handful at that speed with no air foiling. Gets a bit light at speed! I've handed it off to my son. He drives - I'm "Pit b*tch". We...
  14. Mikey Lawless

The 60 and over Thread

Chicago, or at least what's left of it, came to the Fresno Fair a couple years ago. It was really good. I think they are down to just a couple of the original band members, but they sound as you would expect them to
  15. Mikey Lawless

Car Rims

"Back in the day" custom wheels were a must have item for every car I had. But in recent years, I've realized that no one, not a single person gives a rats furry back-side about what wheels are on my car. It makes absolutely no difference in one's quality of life. The wheels on my truck are...
Back