Recent content by Mountain Slicer

1. Mountain Slicer

2022 Titleist Tour Speed and Tour Soft Golf Balls

I ordered the Tour Speed after the recommendation from Titleist on line chat, I have played couple of rounds with them and for my slower senior swing speed they don't have the distance or control that I get from the AVX. I was given a sleeve of the Tour Soft and they play well and I would...
  2. Mountain Slicer

Bourbon Bash 2022

Sounds like a possible outing if it's time and location works out, I'm in the eastern mountain region.
  3. Mountain Slicer

Golf Pride CPX

I have played the CP2 grips for several years but this past Saturday I installed the CPX grips on my clubs and must say that I love the complete feel of these super soft feeling grips and I don't know if it was what the difference in my play yesterday but I nailed some really great drives.
  4. Mountain Slicer

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I have played the MaxFli Maxfli 2021 Softfli Matte for the last 3 rounds. Very soft easy to compress off the tee with my Mavrik Max driver and not a costly ball to play considering my favorite golf ball the Titliest AVX. The Maxfli doesn't seem to be a problem as it flies straighter than any...
  5. Mountain Slicer

What distance device are you using?

Still using my old Bushnell NEO XS , it's within a couple of yards on every course I have played. Would like to get something new as this one is many years old.
  6. Mountain Slicer

Decently stable 30-49g driver shaft ??

I play the lite shafts in every club that I can, at my age and loss of swing speed I still need the flex to release giving me extra yards but controlled. So many shafts to pick from and finding an affordable option for senior or lite flex is a challenge.
  7. Mountain Slicer

EXPERIENCE 2022 Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya

YES, if a Senior Golfer needs a fitting it would be a welcome event.
  8. Mountain Slicer

Kentucky Golf

I am in the eastern end of the state, play Paintsville and Stonecrest when possible. I have heard great things about Cherry Blossom
  9. Mountain Slicer

West Virginia golfers

Maybe in Huntington if the weather provides us a chance.
  10. Mountain Slicer

2022 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

I have played the AVX quite a bit in the past couple years. I received two sleeves from Titleist back in December and while I only got to play one round with the newest AVX there was the difference you mention. Short game chips and 50 yards and in stop quickly and fly straight. I wish they were...
  11. Mountain Slicer

How Walkable is Your Course?

There aren't any courses in my area suited to walking unless you are in marathon condition and young enough to handle the pain. It's rare to see anyone walking local courses in the mountains of east Kentucky. The one state park Yatesville Lake State Park would be almost impossible, Grayson Lake...
  12. Mountain Slicer

WV/Southern OH

Maybe we can get a chance to meet up this spring, I usually play Paintsville Country Club or Stone Crest in Prestonsburg.
  13. Mountain Slicer

Checking back in from the Blue Grass State

It's been a long dry spell for me but glad to be back in the swing! Retirement looks pretty good from my side and I hope to recover some yardage and improve what's left of the senior game at the ripe ole age of 66.
  14. Mountain Slicer

ANNOUNCEMENT 2022 Albatross Club is Now Open: THPers Making a Difference Helping Children

Glad to be back as a part of the active Albatross members and golfing again! Been quite a bit of break for this ole senior. I still love the game and adjusting to the age restrictions and club changes for my game.
Back