Recent content by mpeterson

1. mpeterson

Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Settling in a bit with the pros in the second round with them. They're in that sweet spot I like in an iron - there's enough forgiveness where I don't feel scared pulling a 5i, but they have a predictable flight/spin profile. They remind me a lot of the i series irons I've played in the past...
  2. mpeterson

Long time coming, but maiden voyage with the Apex Pros today. First few swings were pretty rough, but they were right after an hour long car ride and straight to the tee, but settled in nicely. I much preferred these to the '21 Apex Pros from a feel perspective - they felt much more solid...
  3. mpeterson

UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

First time out for the year and first time with the Darts in the bag. I'd played the Recoil 110 in the past, and it was nice to get back to having them in the bag. I forgot how much I liked the vibration dampening you get with graphite. One of the things I love about the shafts otherwise is just...
  4. mpeterson

Love that Mizuno forged line. And definitely need to get out.
  5. mpeterson

What irons do you have these in? Mine are getting their maiden voyage Saturday morning.
  6. mpeterson

Most Forgiving Irons You Would Play

The answer should be something like the Launcher XLs - I played a stupid good round with the Altitudes and once of their successors, but more likely it would be something like the AI Smoke or G430 on account of the ego.
  7. mpeterson

Been away from Callaway irons for the last couple years - had the Apex 21 but the shaft wasn't a great fit for me - but the combination of picking up some speed after getting back to strength training and healing up from a long-term injury, as well as age taking its toll on my joints had me...
  8. mpeterson

Honma Beres 5 star set

Still the best GI irons I've ever used. Weirdly, around the greens with the chunky wedges I was deadly. That was such a fun day.
  9. mpeterson

All Public Courses are Not "Munis"

Very true - in fact, two of the most fun courses in the Boston area are munis - and I've seen plenty of people use muni as a derogratory term when talking about courses.
  10. mpeterson

Favorite Wedge Grind?

I tend to do best with a S grind or C grind, depending on the club. S grind in the SW/GW, C-grind in the lob-wedge (low bounce)
  11. mpeterson

"I think you should leave"

I didn't know you used to be a POS, MtlJeff. One of my all time favorite shows.
  12. mpeterson

Anyone near Waterbury, VT?

Stowe Country Club is always in great shape, and is a fun layout - especially if you like fast greens. Ryder Brook, right down the street in Morrisville is a 9-holer that has some fun holes and great views from the higher elevations, though it's not exactly a destination course. But it's super...
  13. mpeterson

Which do you blame more, swing or equipment?

If everything is working but one or two clubs - I'll blame equipment. But other than that, it's always swing
  14. mpeterson

Do You Drink While Playing?

It really depends on the round. I'm not going to have a drink during most of my usual rounds. But if it's a "for fun" event, or if there's some sort of must-have drink (looking at you, blueberry lemonades), I'll have a couple over the course of four hours.
Back