Recent content by MrMom

1. MrMom

Who put on the best concert(s) you've been to?

The best I’ve ever seen in person was Foo Fighters co-headlining with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They were both amazing, but slight nod goes to the Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl knows how to front a band. Honorable mention goes to Dave Matthews.
  2. MrMom

Who put on the WORST concert(s) you've been to?

The first concert I ever went to was the worst. Reverend Horton Heat opened for White Zombie. The Reverend was amazing, but Zombie sounded nothing like their studio stuff. To be fair, it was all Rob Zombie’s vocals. I couldn’t tell if it was a sound issue or if it was him, but they were terrible...
  3. MrMom

What’s your 2021 driver?

TSi3 with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX. Best driver I've ever hit and it'll probably be in the bag for four or five years.
  4. MrMom

Titleist TSi Driver Review

I finally got my new TSi3 driver and TSi2 fairway recently and took them out on the course. I haven't driven the ball that well in years! I ordered them after a fitting at Club Champion. They fit me into ACCRA shafts, but I ended up ordering comparable stock shafts because I couldn't afford to...
  5. MrMom

Mesquite or Bend?

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the other guys didn't want to do Sand Hollow despite my pleading. Maybe next time. Congrats on joining Brasada! I've actually played that course once and it was a great time. It was in immaculate condition and the views were spectacular. Enjoy!
  6. MrMom

Are you open minded to smaller companies?

I'm open to any brand, large or small, as long as I can get fitted before I buy. My bag is a pretty good mix of each. Ben Hogan Ft Worth Black irons, Edel wedges, P790 UDI, Scotty putter, and just ordered a Titleist TSi3 driver and TSi2 fairway metal. I'm intrigued by the new PF series irons...
  7. MrMom

Video Contest: Closest to the Pin with True Temper

Have to go with Jman for the win!
  8. MrMom

What Are You Ordering?

Either the Cathead chicken biscuit or the Creole omelette. Although, I was really curious about the apple fritter hot chicken too.
  9. MrMom

Pick the Super Bowl.

I'm taking AA-ron and the Packers over the Chiefs in a shootout.
  10. MrMom

Mesquite or Bend?

Unfortunately, my brother and father don't care that much about playing spectacular golf, and just want to hang out and have fun. They gave Bandon a "hard pass" because of the potential weather and lack of night life. We've decided to go to Mesquite over Bend for the better weather. I lobbied...
  11. MrMom

WTB WTB Stand Bag

Thanks for the quick responses and offers. Tenputt beat everyone to the punch with a good deal and I took it. This one can be locked up!
  12. MrMom

WTB WTB Stand Bag

I'm looking for a small-medium sized stand bag. I'm trying to save a few bucks so I'd rather buy a high-quality used bag in good shape than a cheap new one. Ideally it would be something along the lines of a Sun Mountain 2.5. I'm not too particular about color although white or camouflage are...
  13. MrMom

Mesquite or Bend?

My father, brother, and I are taking a short golf vacation in mid-April as a joint birthday celebration. We're trying to decide between Mesquite, NV or Bend, OR. We have time for 3 rounds of golf in either location. In Mesquite we'd most likely play Coyote Springs, Wolf Creek, and one of the...
  14. MrMom

Are You Traveling in 2021

I hardly touched my clubs during 2020 because of work and my kids. My dad, brother and I are putting together a spring break golf trip to either Bend or Mesquite. I can't wait to get back on the course!
  15. MrMom

CONTEST Pick The Winner Of This Week's PGA Event, The Northern Trust.

Thanks for the awesome contest, @fairwaynut! I'm going to go with Brendon Todd by 2 strokes. Enjoy the tournament, everyone!
Back