Recent content by MSGOLF

1. M

Honma T//World TW757 Collection

I still play a set of 737p irons. For me they hit the sweet spot. They are surprisingly forgiving, look fantastic and the faces are slightly thin to help give some small distance gain but not over the top to where you get that one shot that flys the green by 15 yds. In my opinion Honma makes...
  2. M

Off Course: Shaft Flex and Club Building

To much epoxy can definitely cause issues as others have pointed out. I do think the tungsten powder trick has limits and from time to time tip weights can't be avoided. I've seen irons from major brands be as much as 8 grams off their target weight. Try getting that much tungsten in your...
  3. M

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats: You Just Won True Temper Binary Shafts

Did anyone ever figure out what happened with these ? Anyone ever get the chance to try them out ?
  4. M

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats: You Just Won True Temper Binary Shafts

Any word yet on how these play ? Percieved flex and feel ?
  5. M

Favorite Players Style CB’s Ever?

These have performed and felt as good as anything else I've hit. The other CB's in the 737 series were outstanding too.
  6. M

Mid Launch Driver Shaft

Another vote for VS proto I have a hard time kicking this out of the bag.........still do from time to time just to experiment but I put it back in the bag in short order every time and some of those shafts cost 4 times what I paid for the VS
  7. M

3W shaft in a driver

The swingweight issue is the biggest drawback to this kind of Experiment. I've found some people are pretty sensitive to swingweight while others seem to be able to hit a wide range well. Also the reason they tip trim and effectively stiffen the tip section of the shaft is so it plays as its...
  8. M

What would you consider a necessity in a home golf workshop

This and make sure your ferrules are sized correctly A good ferrule turning machine is a fairly costly addition
  9. M

Would you play without a fairway wood?

I also went the route of hybrids only at one point. The Adam's super s hybrids were absolute rockets for me but the distances could be very inconsistent depending on contact. Now I have the Cobra baffler f6 set to 19 degrees I posted earlier and a Callaway steelhead 9wood I have customized the...
  10. M

Power Package Golf Training Aid Review

I use the swinggyde alot and highly recommend it. Mostly while warming up and half the time with the swing extender. For me I've found the combination to be the best training aids I've ever had.
  11. M

Indoor Setups: What’s Yours?

Nothing indoors but I set this up outback this weekend. Using it with mevo
  12. M

Would you play without a fairway wood?

I sort of do already. My 4-5 wood is the Cobra baffler F6 so it's kind of a cross between a fw and a hyb. 41.5" and adjustable from 16-19 degrees
  13. M

Review XCaliber Rapid Taper Iron Shaft Review

Nice write up James. Exciting stuff coming from xcaliber and it's great to see.
  14. M

What's the best golf souvenir that you own?

I have an old course badge attached to my bag that my son in law got me while HE INTERNED AT THE OLD COURSE??(lucky bast*^d) while at Florida State
  15. M

Power Package Golf Training Aid Review

I've had 1 of these for quite awhile now and do try to use it from time to time but I agree with the initial review that some adjustment to the arms would make it much more useful for me personally. I have wide shoulders and shortish arms so the angle between my forearms is naturally wider than...
Back