Recent content by mulegolf

1. M

Flagstick In or Out

I'm fine with either but I mostly play with the flag stick in. It's mostly due to the fact that with my back and knees, it quite often hurts to bend that far to pick the flag up off of the ground.
  2. M

Slow swingers unite! 2024 golf balls

Neither of you are slow swingers. Until you get to at least 85 MPH or less swing speed, I wouldn't call you a slow swinger. That will happen soon enough. As you age your swing will slow down progressively each year after somewhere in your 40's. I'm now nearly 75 and my swing speed has dropped...
  3. M

Getting old sucks: Post your ailments

Through the years I've had an assortment of injuries and ailments. As far as those that effect my golf game, I've had 3 back surgeries (one a fusion). That has resulted in somewhat reducing my flexibility. I've also broken both elbows (one twice) and my left arm can no longer be straightened...
  4. M

Old Man shakes fist at sky; handicap posting as a single

Since I retired and my game has gone to hell, I play most of my rounds solo. It just works out that way. People I used to play with are younger than I am and their game hasn't declined like mine has so I don't enjoy playing with them as much as I used to knowing that I'll be the one paying at...
  5. M

You ever just get...bored?

Right now I have 3 sets. The oldest is a set of Adams New Idea irons/hybrids (circa 2014 or so). The woods are a Adams Blue driver and a Adams Idea 4 wood. Set number 2 is Cobra. F-Max irons/hybrids a Taylor Made M2 Driver and 3 (HL) wood. My current gamers are XXIO 11 irons and hybrids with an...
  6. M

What would you shoot at Augusta?

Possibly myself after absolutely being hammered by the course. :cry:
  7. M

What are your wedges of choice?

Cleveland CBX Full Face wedges for me.
  8. M

Road Sign Question

I worked in and/or managed a 911 center for 32.5 years and what I can say is the name will likely not matter. As an example, in the winter when roads in Minnesota are pretty much unusable during a snowstorm/blizzard we announce the roads are closed and put up barricades saying the roads are...
  9. M

Gas Prices: What are you paying?

$3.24 here right now.
  10. M

Getting old sucks: Post your ailments

Been there with the L2, L3 and had fusion surgery. It helped but I still have back pain from time to time. 2 years later I had another surgery at about the same site. This time it was a micro discectomy. Trimmed a bulging disc. I ended up getting infection in the incision area a little over...
  11. M

14w bags what brand?

Take a look at Datrek. They have both 14 way and 15 way bags. They are part of the same company as Bag Boy (Dynamic Brands).
  12. M

What is the one golf accessory you can’t live without now?

If a golf cart is an accessory I can no longer live (play) without one. I got old and have arthritic knees and hips. I can't walk far enough to play golf anymore.
  13. M

Invented a Cocktail?

When I was a young guy in my early 20's we used to put lemon gin in Mountain Dew. We called it a Fu_kaDew. It tastes pretty good
  14. M

RIP OJ

I bet his casket fits like a glove.
  15. M

Egg on Burger?

I love it but not if the egg is over easy, etc. I like it when the egg yolk is broken and smeared over the whole egg, and the fried medium.
Back