Recent content by mustangdrums

1. M

Rockbottom golf

Anyone had trouble with this place? I bought a fairway wood from them and it was supposed to include a free putter. Got the wood today but no putter and no explanation. I figured I would just return the wood for a refund but their website says they charge a 15% restock fee. Kind of sucks in my...
  2. M

Cleveland 588 Altitude Irons

While reading reviews last year for these irons, I promised myself I would think about buying them when they come down in price. Looks like they can be had new for around 300 bucks now. Might be the time. Anyone been gaming these that can give some input on how they like them? Thanks so much for...
  3. M

Ping club fitting chart

How accurate is the Ping "height/wrist to floor" online club fitting chart? I fall dead center in the blue area and was thinking of taking advantage of a good deal on some used irons. Thanks
  4. M

Tommy Gainey Grip

After struggling for the last couple of years trying to learn this crazy game I made the drive to Vegas a couple of times for lessons and made some strides in basic swing mechanics and more consistent clean contact. I was still leaving the club face open and sending everything right. More...
  5. M

Callaway X Hot or 2013 Tight Lies

I'm digging my Cleveland HB3 hybrid irons and the Amp Cell driver is working well for me. I am looking to try out a new 3 wood. I have played the Amp Cell, Adams Speedline 12, and Cobra T rail and they are okay but I want to try something else. I'm going buy either a Callaway X Hot or the new...
  6. M

Better golf balls

I have been hacking around for a while. My game didn't justify caring what ball I used, not to mention that I lost too many balls to afford better balls. The last couple of months I have been hitting the ball much better and my game has improved overall. I'm 60 years old, not athletic at all...
  7. M

HB3 vs Altitudes

During online shopping for Cleveland Altitude irons I noticed some great deals on the HB3 series from a couple of years ago. The HB3s seem like the same concept. I was wondering if anyone here has played both and could share their impressions of the differences that would justify double the...
  8. M

First Lesson

After a year and a half of hacking on my own with little progress I am taking my first lesson tomorrow morning. I'm excited but also a bit nervous. In the back of mind I keep thinking that, after seeing my swing, the pro might just suggest euthanasia as the only cure. I'll post my progress. David
Back