Recent content by mycle

1. mycle

Put unhittable club back in the bag?

Anyone ever go back to a club(s) you couldn't hit after vastly improving your swing? I have re-clubbed twice since I "retired" these clubs. I had some Lynx hybrid irons I was unable to hit and have been in the garage for about 10 years. Put one in the bag (5) just to see and I was nutting the...
  2. mycle

Shaft flex way early...pic

Freddy, what does the shaft in this pic indicate? Thanks! And, yes, that is an Internet Golfer cap! Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  3. mycle

Who else been working on swing change...

...and feels like giving up and going back to old crappy swing? I have been trying to fix ott move with drills and practice at the range and some sessions I can't hit the ball worth a dang. I am taking lessons and the guy is good. I just wonder if all the :banghead::banghead::banghead:pays off...
  4. mycle

How long between lessons?

I bought a package of 5 lessons and had the first a few weeks ago, heading right into the busy holiday and crappy weather season. I have been able to work some on improvements and played a few rounds. I am trying to somewhat master the first lesson's concepts before I go in again. So...
  5. mycle

Kratom?

My brother says sometimes he can't walk without this "supplement" due to gout and other curses. From wiki: Mitragyna speciosa Korth., is a tropical evergreen tree in the coffee family native to Southeast Asia in the Indochina and Malaysia phytochoria...
  6. mycle

Heavy feet on greens

I tend to sort of sneak around on greens because of the nature of them. (I also wear spikeless shoes...currently Ecco.) They are manicured to be a fairly consistent surface upon which to putt. Often times I encounter what looks like maybe an armadillo has been rooting for grubs but is actually...
  7. mycle

Between the ears stuff

I have been "improving" my swing lately and am introducing some new concepts to my brain, like the A swing takeaway, keeping the club within plane throughout, tempo etc. Its a lot to do in 4 seconds! I played a round last week and beforehand, I was striping every club including 3 wood, with...
  8. mycle

Who places the tee box markers?

On the back of JB's question about condition or direction of tee boxes, I'd like to ask who ultimately determines where the tee markers are placed on the mound? I've seen them placed on a side, up and down slope when there is an available flat place. I've never moved them and only once played...
  9. mycle

Chatter on the tee box

Hopefully, this is the correct place for this question: Does non-golf related chatter on the tee box bother anyone else? I'm mean maybe a story being carried from the cart to the tee and the group waits for the end of the story to tee off. Protracted conversations by players, etc on the box...
  10. mycle

Critique my swing

I am a work in progress. Just started taking some lessons after many years of agony. My misses tend to slice but I can also hook! Thanks. Forgive the cr*ppy editing. not my forte. https://youtu.be/Cubcn9dpqw4
  11. mycle

Lesson today...what I'm working on

Thanks tequila. 5 gal bucket upside down placed behind and to the right of your right foot 45* off the line of your stance and about 3' from your foot. If this image comes thru, just imagine yourself in my shoes there and you just from the top drop the closed club face on the what should be a 5...
  12. mycle

Lesson today...what I'm working on

Reading this forum prompted me to schedule a lesson. That along with making zero progress in my game over the last season. Looking at my swing for the first time on video, I thought I looked like TW til I started the downswing move. While it wasn't hideous, there was an ugly OTT and the thru...
  13. mycle

Checking in from Houston

Hey yall. Found this great forum looking for Triton reviews and decided to hang around a while. 60, retired, play once/twice a week or so weather permitting. Have a pile of scorecards laying around but have never turned in for an index but guessing around 18. Can't hit a driver right now but 3...
Back