Recent content by myspinonit

1. myspinonit

Anybody game a wedge with a graphite shaft?

Steelfiber i80 for the past dozen seasons.
  2. myspinonit

Best way to rent palm springs

Good points. I have a golf buddy that booked thru VRBO in Santa Barbara. Place was mispreresented. VRBO found another place for them, but it was more expensive. He pushed back and got it for the same $.
  3. myspinonit

Yes and the protection works both ways . I know some owners will book outside VRBO, though under contract with them. But to me that reflects a dubious attitude that is more a warning sign than a plus by saving some bucks. If they only rent privately than ok, but caveat emptor. We just...
  4. myspinonit

You could Google for private rental companies. They probably are listed on VRBO too ,but price might be a lttle lower (but without the VRBO protection you pay for). If you are hoping for this season I doubt you will have much unless there is a sudden cancellation. Many of the rentals require...
  5. myspinonit

Do we make too much out of our ball choice?

The QStar Tour is urethane, not Surlyn. The QStar (non Tour) is Surlyn. QST emians my ball of choice.
  6. myspinonit

On a review of Srixon Soft Feel TXG were surprised how well it performed considering spin limitations even for Matt (so it was not a very recent one) . But they also said from my memory that of course some players will want the extra rollout. So for players that might want that few extra...
  7. myspinonit

It matters for me for approach shots and puttiing. I weant to know what it is going to do on the green. That is why I've stuck with QStar Tour for years now since they came out. Pro V1 befgore that for several years, though I did use the Soft Feel for maybe a year before going to the QSt. A...
  8. myspinonit

Hole in one tonight with no witness

Sure it's a hole in one. Reminds me of the joke about the Pastor who was near retirement given a set of clubs by a parishioner. He loved the game. One bright Sunday Spring morning he decided to "play hooky" and leave the service to be handled by the up and coming junior Pastor. But to...
  9. myspinonit

Bag Boy Nitron Push Cart

I love the Nitron cart but not the add on umbrella holder. Though I tightened it to what I rhought was very tight, it would not stay upright with my Sun Mountain umbrella…any jar and it would swivel sideways. And that is just with umbrella closed. Tried installing it two different times...
  10. myspinonit

Wordle

(y)I laughed out loud when I got it today in 3 after not one right letter the prior two guesses.
  11. myspinonit

Will Smith and Chris Rock

I'm not condoning Smith's actions at all. But why the Academy keeps bringing out insult comedians (can only be for ratings?) is beyond me. As soon as Rock got on the stage I said to my wife "they had better get ready to shut off his mike".
  12. myspinonit

Who the **** Plays Their Own Music in a Restaurant?

I misunderstood that it was a serious question . No you win. I’m done on here.
  13. myspinonit

Also a mature response.
  14. myspinonit

Now that's a mature solution. Not.
  15. myspinonit

headcovers - do you swap them out?....

Yes. I always go stealth mode for woods and hybrids and putter. Usually iron covers too, more now to prevent clanging aginst each other. Have several sets I use depending on mood and weather: for woods/hybrids usually Rose & Fire ballistic nylon or leather, sometimes a Dormie "CDN driver"...
Back