Recent content by nogophers

1. nogophers

Pinehurst Resort Courses

Didn’t play 2, but you know how it’s ranked. Absolutely loved #4 (a course I could play every day, which is a short list for me). Thus, of the courses I played: 4, 8, 3, 6, 1 (but 1 & 6 are courses I won’t play again). Must play the Cradle (make tee times early).
  2. nogophers

Resuming from a rain delay

If you decide to leave the course, unless a mandated lightning hold, you no longer have the right of way. Work with the starter to figure out when you can be re slotted.
  3. nogophers

Push Carts on the Green?

Encouraged at our course, especially where foot traffic between greens and bunkers high. 20 pounds spread over 3 wheels is better than a 180 pound guy carrying a 20 pound bag with weight on 1 foot at a time. Need firm greens and no tread tires for this to work well.
  4. nogophers

Do You Keep an Extra Ball In Your Pocket?

I do only on certain holes where the distance from the tee box back to my bag would impede pace of play.
  5. nogophers

Can you tee off with the tee marker between you and the ball?

Yes. I will use them as legal alignment aids on a couple of holes. Our tee markers resemble shuffleboard discs, so there is no chance of hitting them.
  6. nogophers

Golf snacks that don't melt in the heat

Without the shells, I hope!
  7. nogophers

How much is too much for a golf bag?

My current stand bag was about $275, but it’s waterproof. So worth it not to have everything soaked (think disintegrated cardboard ball sleeves or your wallet).
  8. nogophers

What is your biggest pet peeve on the course?

Unre divots and ball marks. Seeing someone take a divot then continue walking or drive off in their cart just blows my mind.
  9. nogophers

Golf Leagues: Putt out or Allow Gimmies?

I played with a guy who had a piece of yellow tape on his putter shaft. His normal group all have this at the same length from head to tape (about 18”).
  10. nogophers

What golf stuff did you buy today?

A Mother’s Day gift for my wife: Odyssey chipper and a dozen Truvis golf balls. She has been eyeing chippers for a while and just want to keep her rounds enjoyable.
  11. nogophers

Snacks/Food/Drink during a round of golf.

Almonds mixed with dried apricots are my go to.
  12. nogophers

Walking the Robert Trent Jones Trail

I played 36 holes at Ross bridge when it was cart path only. Most of the cart paths are either uphill or downhill to the fairway...It would have been much easier and quicker to just walk it, but they didn't allow us to that day.
  13. nogophers

Best golf socks...

Smartwool...Golf, cycling, running, skiing, hiking.
  14. nogophers

What do you like best about playing golf?

The walk, whether it’s sunny or raining. It’s the best part of the experience.
  15. nogophers

PXG?

I recently received 2 gen2 hybrids. PXG is currently offering at half off, which puts them in line with other brands. They paid for themselves at our member-member this last weekend with a $280 net skin and a few hundred dollars of shop credit for getting into the shootout (my nerves, not the...
Back