Recent content by O'Carroll

1. O'Carroll

Hole In One Leads to Arrest

I did a double take when I read a 75 year old beat to death an 87 year old, but I guess that’s because people are long gone from New York by that age.
  2. O'Carroll

Two-man Scramble Experiences

So this tournament is the Hank Hudson Open. Hank Hudson is the brew pub that opened at The Fairways of Halfmoon golf course, which is 9/10 of a mile from my house, and where Alyssa and I have our own table every Friday night. A little fun added pressure, the Brew Pub will name its next beer...
  3. O'Carroll

Two-man Scramble Experiences

And then what about the back 9? I pulled some strings, we’ll be paired together.
  4. O'Carroll

PGA Championship-$17 a beer

I didn’t even hesitate when I saw $17 a beer. I also bought two bloody marys when alcohol sales started at 9:00 am. Anyone want to take a guess on what they cost? $58…but they were “doubles” in a 10 cent souvenir plastic cup (that’s now holding pens on my desk at work).
  5. O'Carroll

Hide the Red Dot

Consistent setup Consistent alignment Consistent stroke Consistent…final answer
  6. O'Carroll

Acushnet acquires ClubGlove

I do. One large rolling duffle, one upright carry-on, one briefcase, and a last bag travel cover. Any combination of three fit together in their “train” system. I’ve used them for years and have zero complaints. They are incredibly durable and seem like they still have years of use left in them...
  7. O'Carroll

Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedges

There was something off for me with the previous version of these (maybe the moving of the COG combined with my overall inability to muster up any type of consistent short game), but in these teaser pics at least, I like the look of these a lot. I’d roll with tour satin by the way.
  8. O'Carroll

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

After pondering a Sun Mountain C-130 5 way for two years now, Vessel just dropped a 7 way top cart bag. I don’t need a cart bag, but I want one, and I despise 14/15 way tops, so ponder on.
  9. O'Carroll

Slow play makes you play worse! Per Arccos…so play faster!

That would certainly add to the frustration. I’m in upstate NY, where we will get heat indexes above 100, but only a few times a summer.
  10. O'Carroll

The 65 Footer

That’s only after a 3-putt from 15 feet. Which happens every four holes.
  11. O'Carroll

The 65 Footer

Thought 1: wish I grabbed my 3 wood Thought 2: and my wedge for the next shot.
  12. O'Carroll

Slow play makes you play worse! Per Arccos…so play faster!

Slow play doesn’t bother me. Standing around on the golf course is a lot better than standing around in my office, in line at DMV, or any 30 seconds spent at the grocery store. But I’ve played with a lot of people who flat out melt down when play is slow. I don’t need any help being terrible at...
  13. O'Carroll

What is your percentage rate..?

I’ll go with 40% drunk to offset the 40% mental and 20% physical.
  14. O'Carroll

If someone looked in your bag...?

A 14° Taylormade SLRDS Mini Driver that actually belongs to @ddec.
Back