Recent content by oiler3535

1. oiler3535

Mesa Arizona

Teacher so March break is only option lol
  2. oiler3535

Mesa Arizona

Just decided to visit the in-laws who are wintering in Mesa, Arizona. From 6hrs north of Buffalo. Course suggestions that will be fun but not more than about 100 bucks max? Anybody near there in mid March wants a round with a guy who has played 10 times in last 3 years (guess how old my only...
  3. oiler3535

New(ish) Parent question

Teenage years is kind of my thought unless he likes golfing with me and we can start going a few times a week.
  4. oiler3535

New(ish) Parent question

When old enough to amuse themselves unsupervised in our fenced in backyard was kind of my thought. So about kinder age.
  5. oiler3535

New(ish) Parent question

Appreciate the response. I could golf every weekend if I wanted to (great wife), plus a teacher so July and August off. I just find a lack of time in general and I quite enjoy doing things with munchkin. Just find myself not getting to the golf course. So I'm curious if others find the same...
  6. oiler3535

Golfing in snow?

Courses here usually close before snow comes so have time to maintain the course with some warmth remaining. But one year stayed open and I played a few times. I loved it. Course almost to myself. Different experience. Light snow makes finding balls easy lol.
  7. oiler3535

New(ish) Parent question

Question for parents: how long before you started playing regularly again after kids' birth? My little guy is about to turn 3. Before he was born, I'd golf 100+ times a year which is impressive considering golf season here (5hrs NE of Toronto) is maybe May through October at best. Since his...
  8. oiler3535

CONTEST Paradise Week Day 5: Cleveland Frontline Putter

Great giveaway today! I have never owned a new putter from a top oem and could really use the boost to my game. Putting has held me back this summer.
  9. oiler3535

CONTEST Paradise Week: Day 2: Mizuno ST190 Fairway Wood

I've got a Mizuno driver. Never tried a fw wood.
  10. oiler3535

CONTEST Paradise Week: Day 1: TaylorMade Spider Mini Putter

1) Well, my mother in law "borrowed my old Spider Vicino" a few years ago and I dont think it's coming back. And as I'm expecting my first kid this winter I'd like to finish this year strong, which my 35 ppr is not going to allow me to do. 2) idk if a new feature or not, but love the in line...
  11. oiler3535

Wolf Creek Mesquite round replay plus review

So I was limited to only 1 round during my Vegas vacation due to weather/time restraints. But wow what a round. I've not played a bunch of nice courses (live in rural Canada) but compared to Highland Links, Muskoka Bay, Glen Abbey, and Kapalua Plantation just wow. Take away the constant view of...
  12. oiler3535

Oiler3535 witb

Meant to take better pics outsidez but forgot until cleaning my clubs today after the courses here closed for winter. SS about 105 with driver (LM at box store measures ball speed at contact only, which is consistently 145-148. They have it set to 1.45 smash factor which seems unreasonably high...
  13. oiler3535

TaylorMade M3 Irons

So I managed to play about 70 rounds this year. Most of them with these new M3 irons. Can't be any happier. I still say it's hard to make the ball move compared to other irons I've had. I normally hit a draw and still do a bit, but If I need to hit a fade or hook I'm SOL. Rarely matters, but...
  14. oiler3535

Las Vegas

So my wife has decided that she doesn't want to go to Maui this March Break. So going to most likely do Vegas (some thoughts to Miami or SoCal but very unlikely). Any recommendations on courses near town to play? Doing a quick skim through other posts seems like Reflection Bay a good choice...
Back