Recent content by OldandStiff

1. OldandStiff

Hoodie For Golf?

Froze my hoodieless head off this afternoon. I'm saying all hoodie from here until the first day of spring, or my club opens. There's a geographical trend in here that implies necessity drives opinion on this idea.
  2. OldandStiff

Anchoring, my view

You honestly feel like Simpson, Kuchar, etc's along the arm method is comparable to Scott's? I can't tell if you're serious, kidding, or just trying trying to start a conversation.
  3. OldandStiff

Fix The Distance Issue on Tour (w/o Altering Equipment)

The 3 point line has been moved back multiple times at various levels.
  4. OldandStiff

How long does it take to grow a beard?

How do you not grow a beard? I mean, it happens on it's own, right?. I gave in to nature a long time ago, to a degree. I mostly trim it. I can't even remember the last time I completely shaved, but I'd wager I was wearing a white collar for the occasion. My advice would be to let it grow...
  5. OldandStiff

What golf stuff did you buy today?

For my new UDI 2H.
  6. OldandStiff

Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

What did you order in your Mavrik 3W? I have one with a Riptide that I'd be open to trading.
  7. OldandStiff

Fix The Distance Issue on Tour (w/o Altering Equipment)

- More doglegs, with impossible cutoffs - Crazy tight fairways at a certain distance - Bunkers or water at a certain distance - Angled fairways at a certain distance (which at tour firmness would launch most balls into rough) - Set up uneven lies or basically fairway moguls at a certain distance...
  8. OldandStiff

Question On Distance

edit: should have read closer Same strikes, 7 mph faster wins, by a lot.
  9. OldandStiff

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Started re-organizing my ferrules, weights, grips, etc., played 18 with the wife (!), won/bought a recoil proto shaft for my TM UDI that gets here Wednesday, THP'd of course, and plan on watching some of today's coverage once the wife goes to sleep.
  10. OldandStiff

What did you shoot today?

Was playing with an even stiffer swing than usual and fighting it (and the wind) like crazy on the front. Pulled out some really good trouble shots to stay alive. Got grooving on the back, but got seriously rushed by weather and probably left a couple out there. We were full hit, putt, and...
  11. OldandStiff

Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

I happened to hit my best with my 3W standard today too. Was hurting today so I tried to take it easy, and my driver shaft was getting the better of me just a little because of it. Only took a little adjustment for today, but shortly after I figured that out I said to my wife, 'You know, I could...
  12. OldandStiff

Buried in a bunker!

If I don't have to get it too high then I move it back a little, keep it square, dig in, and focus on a spot in front of and below the ball.
  13. OldandStiff

Iron Swing - How Much Effort?

I don't swing anything 100%. I have injury issues to worry about, but even if I didn't, I doubt I would live over 90. You can't do anything in life as hard as you possibly can every time and expect to repeat the motion in a way golf requires. You have to find a balance. I swing as hard as...
  14. OldandStiff

2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Played 18 instead of 9 since we could ride, but leg day at the end of the day suuucks. Didn't even have to trick her to get her though, so that's nice. Lol
  15. OldandStiff

Fancy or frequent

Frequent. Most muni's aren't that bad.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in