Recent content by OneFootShort

1. O

Name your best drill for this major fault of mine...

Or you could play it off like you were just trying keep it out of the spring winds and hit a stinger ;)
  2. O

Name your best drill for this major fault of mine...

Sounds to me like you're trying to "lift the ball" instead of letting your club to do it for you by standing up too early. Try to think about "staying in the chair". Hard to tell without seeing your swing and I'm not a pro, so take that with a grain of salt lol
  3. O

Winged Foot gets 2028 US Open

I hope they can somehow get Chicago Golf Club in there. I know it's short in comparison and they don't have much land left, but it'd be awesome to see it in the rotation, I think it'd show great on TV
  4. O

What must play courses did you check off of your list in 2022?

Took a trip with my buddies to Kohler, WI and played the Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run courses. Had a great time!
  5. O

Missouri Cold Weather

I prefer wearing rain pants during winter golf....hear me out. They cut the wind very well and they look decent enough for winter golf. The other benefit is that you can wear sweat pants underneath to keep warm. They're very comfortable and allow good movement. I wear the Zero Restriction...
  6. O

Did You Invest In High Quality Rain Gear?

I did and I'm happy that I did. I had a buddy that worked for the company that makes Zero Restriction. Some of the best, longest lasting rain gear I've had. I don't love playing in the rain but if it's a tournament, I want to be as dry as possible and this does it. I often wear it when it's...
  7. O

Horror Movies

I was a big fan of the Saw series. Felt like the psychology behind it was really interesting.
  8. O

With your A+ game, how low could you go?

Mid to high 60s I'd say. I played pretty well earlier this year and shot 70 with a 3 putt and a double bogey from an OB drive
  9. O

The conundrum of pulling the pin.

Same. Seems that every person I play with prefers it out, as do I. To me, the cup looks so much smaller with the pin in. It's a mental thing for me.
  10. O

Things about equipment I learned the past couple seasons

I've often thought about going back to a more game improvement iron instead of a players iron. I have no shame, as long as I can stomach the look of the top-line, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Don't blame you one bit!
  11. O

Watches

I'm debating between a Sky-Dweller or a GMT/SUB for my next watch. Then culminate with a President. That would give me 5 and that's plenty
  12. O

The "thats good" guy who has nothing to do with your game.

I'm a "that's good" guy with strangers. I get tired of people lining up their double/triple bogey putt like it's to win the masters. Let's get this round movin.
  13. O

18th hole catastrophism

Sounds like you're trying to guide it on that hole to finish "strong". You still have to be aggressive and swing your swing. In our case, we have a gettable par 5 as our 18th hole. I'm always trying to make birdie, regardless of if I'm -1 or +9 on the day, I'm always staying aggressive.
  14. O

Watches

I've heard the "Exhibition" watches are missing some of the movements, that's why they can't sell them. I could be totally wrong but that's what I've heard. Last AD I went into was in Cologne, Germany and they said they had a list of a few thousand people they could call to pick up any men's...
  15. O

Watches

As much as I hate to agree, I do. Local AD had a barely worn Starbucks Sub that I was eyeing but they wanted $25k!!! I just can't pay that kind of money for a $11k watch. The BSOTM would be an awesome addition. I looked at a blue Constellation with gold accents and it was gorgeous for a...
Back