Recent content by palooka23

1. P

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I asked the question about ZX7 long iron playability and forgiveness and got some responses - thank you to all. I would also like to ask the question about opinions regarding the ZX5 and short irons (7-PW). Particularly as it relates to the wider soles. Someone that may have hit both and their...
  2. P

Thanks to all replies! Appreciate everyone taking the time to read and give their .02 cents. I have also done the “grow into my game” approach. I have been playing Srixons for years. My first set were ZTXs which were basically a players cavity back. Marshmallow soft and loved the low irons. The...
  3. P

Cinco, Very similar game profile. Play anywhere from 8-10. 7i is about 165-168. I know I can hit the ZX7s. For sure. But one thing I can attest to is that missing slightly toe or heel on the ZX5s results in nearly no loss of distance and control. Nice to have that in my pocket on my...
  4. P

Basically seems to be coming down two options if I really want to keep one uniform set; Get over the wider soles on the low irons of the ZX5 or get over the perceived loss of forgiveness of the ZX7 long irons.
  5. P

@JB Agree that on the longer irons the sole is very similar. I really LOVE the ZX5 long irons. My biggest gripe is with the shorter irons. Particularly, with 8-PW. Aesthetically and comparatively they have a much more pronounced “bulge” on the cavity which make them seem even wider than they are.
  6. P

Does anyone have any extended experience with the 4-6i in the ZX7? I demoed and subsequently ordered a set of ZX5s. I REALLY like the iron set. Ball flight, dist, etc are all spot on. My biggest complaint are the sole widths for 7-PW. While I hit them just fine, they are super wide. I am...
  7. P

For Sale PRICE DROP - 2019 Taylormade P790 4-PW - WITH RECEIPT

Up for sale is a gently used set of 2019 TM P790s. Standard L/L/L New Golf Pride tour corded grips (two wraps) Project LZ 5.5 Shafts Very minimal signs of use I am the second owner of these clubs. The original owner purchased them new in Jan 2020 from Roger Dunn and did not use on course...
  8. P

For Sale FS- Nike Roshe NRG Tour Size 12 - Open Championship (Royal Portrush)

Literally worn for 1 preround range warmup and 9 holes. Got them for Christmas. I usually fit between an 11.5 and a 12, so my wife took at shot at 12's and they are just a touch too big. Living in FL, not going to double up on socks to make it work. My loss is your gain. These are absolutely...
  9. P

Get in the hole!

I'm sure this has been discussed here before.... After witnessing the complete ass clown that yelled this nonsense while tiger was putting this weekend at the farmers, I am wondering if this is just the state of affairs if someone wants to go watch a golf tournament in todays world. So...
  10. P

Golftec - gave it shot, just not for me

Well....I learned a very expensive lesson. Golftec is just not for me. I took the initial consult and lesson and signed up for the 10pk lessons. While the camera and video setup is pretty good to see what youre doing, I just cannot make the leap without hitting off real turf and seeing ball...
  11. P

Deal or No Deal - Precept Powerdrive golf ball?

Just saw some of these golf balls for 4.98 per dozen at Home Depot of all places. I bought 6 dozen as I am going to use them for my indoor practice. Right now I am hitting 20year old rock flites. YUCK. Wonder if it would be worth using during a real round. Not much info out there. Anyone...
  12. P

Left handed golf clubs for JR golfer

Dilemma: My 16yo son has intermittently expressed that he would like to "try" golf. He is a baseball player. I have been trying to find a budget set or at least a few clubs for him to experiment at the range before I go out and purchase all the tools of the trade, but not very successful. My...
  13. P

What golf stuff did you buy today?

New Srixon bag from Japan. Completes my bag for 2018.
Back