Recent content by PentaKev

1. PentaKev

2024 TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver Copper

I ended up ordering the 13.5 (as mentioned in previous post) and have been experimenting over the past week and a half with settings. I think I finally settled on lofting it down almost all the way (whatever the tick just higher than -2 degrees would be) in order to open up the face a bit (my...
  2. PentaKev

I did it yesterday, too. It's only money...
  3. PentaKev

This really intrigues me. I can hit my current 3W off the tee pretty accurately about 230 at 15.5 degrees. My 10.5 degree driver can go about 260, but isn't as accurate. I'm thinking this club would kind of split the difference and be the best of both worlds. But do I want to spend $380...
  4. PentaKev

Your Last Chip In?

Greenside from the bunker today for birdie on #15 at Emerald Valley. Before that was a short chip-in for birdie from just short of the green on #16 at the Sheep Ranch on February 1st.
  5. PentaKev

2024 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

I play AVX because I put a lot spin on my irons and these are the best option for not ripping it back off of our severely tilted greens :) Never had any issue with check around the greens. If the new version is even better, all to the good!
  6. PentaKev

The Last Cobra Club You Purchased?

LTDx Max Driver about two weeks ago, replacing my RadSpeed driver. I had a tour-length shaft with the RadSpeed, but actually hit the "normal" LTDx a little better. I went with the stock regular shaft this time around, versus a much lighter special order shaft with the RadSpeed. Seems to be a winner.
  7. PentaKev

Sun Mountain Bag - Good or Bad?

They're good in general, but my "H2No" bag stopped being waterproof after a year or so of use. We get a ton of rain during the winter here in Oregon, so I guess it's to be expected, but I hoped it would last longer. In general, weather gear tends not to hold up very well to our winter weather.
  8. PentaKev

What clubs are currently in your bag as a direct result of THP?

Cobra one-length irons and hybrids. I was thinking about it, but the discussion here pushed me over the edge. Best decision of my golfing life.
  9. PentaKev

L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX - Review Thread

My course/area is pretty much ground zero for LAB and I have at least ten golf buddies using their putters (off of the top of my head). I haven't personally tried (pretty happy with my Ping), but these guys are draining putts from everywhere.
  10. PentaKev

What are the hardest few courses you have ever played?

TPC Potomac Bethpage Black RTJ The Senator when I couldn't hit a straight drive - stroke and distance all day long - the long grass is impossible Tetherow Luana Hills (now known as Royal Hawaiian)
  11. PentaKev

Deal of the Day and Coupon Code thread

Says $140 now. Must have missed the window.
  12. PentaKev

Favorite New Category?

Probably not what you're looking for, but rain- and wet /cold weather-gear. Lighter, better, warmer. I live in the PNW and we play rain or shine. The rain bag (Sun Mountain H2NO) pretty much failed after a season. Rain shoes don't hold up to the amount of wear and tear we put on them playing...
  13. PentaKev

Cobra LTDx Irons

I've been gradually replacing my SpeedZone OL irons with LTDx OL irons...trading in clubs and emptying my garage of old irons and drivers. I have the S, G, and PW so far, with 9 and 8 on the way. Will probably trade in the SZs for the 7, 6, and 5 next. I am liking them! The heads are a little...
  14. PentaKev

2022 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

Could be last year's AVXes - would have to check, but I can post a picture of the paint missing!
  15. PentaKev

2022 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

I'm literally ripping paint off of these balls with my irons. It's crazy! I love the AVX, but they don't last very long...
Back