Recent content by pingman222

1. pingman222

Have You Been Hit?

Always been in some close calls, but today I can be added to the list. Walking off the teebox at my home club of a hole which is opposite and adjacent to the last, I was just finishing a convo up with my buddy when we both hear a loud slap sound and then pain shooting up from my right foot. A...
  2. pingman222

Oahu July 6-14

I'm here on the island now and flew my clubs with me without having any tee times booked, but probably will be playing at ko'olina on a twilight time deal as they also would let my junior play for free at that time, so the cost for 2 works out to be not bad. My big surprise here though is that...
  3. pingman222

Oahu July 6-14

I'll be staying as a guest of military, but he doesn't golf so I don't think I'd be able to get on any of the base courses unfortunately Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
  4. pingman222

Oahu July 6-14

Headed to Waikiki on July 5th until the 14th, and looking to bring my clubs and play a couple rounds. I've seen the older threads on here and found a couple decent tracks through those. Any recent updates from the island? Anyone going to be in the area at the same time and want to play? Also...
  5. pingman222

SeeMore Putters Thread

Yep! Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
  6. pingman222

SeeMore Putters Thread

I'm 7 rounds into using my first seemore, which is the Nashville studio series mfgp DF, cut down to 32.5". I had a standard iomic grip on it at first but I was feeling that I had a hard time with face control and too active of hands, so I switched to a superstore pistol GT tour that a friend...
  7. pingman222

SeeMore Putters Thread

Yep I do all my own clubwork so it's indeed very easy for sure, good to know! I think in general I've always had a short wrist to floor length and usually flat lie angles so I'm not surprised that a shorter length is suggested on putter
  8. pingman222

SeeMore Putters Thread

Still playing around with my Nashville mfgp DF. Right now it's measuring in at 34". The seemore online fitting tool is telling me for my measurements that I should be playing it at 31.5-32"....which imo is shockingly short of whatever I've ever thought. I know the SPI styles and methods of...
  9. pingman222

IOMIC Putter Grips

I still have a standard size pistol iomic on my work bench that I'll throw on once in a while. One of my favorites from before though was a midsize white. I can't find these anywhere local anymore here, whereabouts are they available these days other than japan?
  10. pingman222

SeeMore Putters Thread

Been away from the site for a long time attending to family things but glad to be back here with a big purchase I made today. I've played one putter now for about 7 years, a lajosi mini dd201 with custom stamps and all of that to celebrate the birth of my first son, so it definitely held a...
  11. pingman222

Leather Grips

I've been playing the same set of best grip micro perfs for 4 seasons now and will continue to use them this year. They were extra tacky to begin with but has now lessened with use and time and the leather wearing in a little more. Haven't had to purchase or use a glove since installing, and I...
  12. pingman222

Show Us Your Swing

Backstory: played alot of golf from about 2010-2017, took 2018 and 2019 off and came back this year. Fairly self taught, only took lessons before getting serious in 2010. Was able to pick up mostly where ive left off in 2020, and finished the season at a 2.4 index. I really want to improve...
  13. pingman222

KBS custom series color durability

That definitely looks good. I'm still using my original ctapers and black nickel wedge shafts, of course the black nickel ones do not look great anymore. Really tempted to go for the white custom wedges, and almost tempted to switch over to the tours in the irons to get the whites too....or...
  14. pingman222

KBS custom series color durability

Thinking about ordering some new KBS wedge shafts, and considering going with the custom program using the matte or pear white shafts. Anyone have any real world use with these and how they look after a season or so? Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
  15. pingman222

Saving ferrules - Reshaft

Like I said....a little tricky and can be the make or break moment depending on how much you really need to save them. A bit of heat via torch or boiling water can be enough. Sometimes they won't twist off without having to use some vice grips or pliers. That's where that other recommendation...
Back