Recent content by PlayingThorns

1. PlayingThorns

Push ups for the First Tee

Recently after a good round of golf, I realized that my night was spent focused on my golf game a bit too much. To change the pace I decided to start crowd funding for the First Tee of Huston. As I am sure most of you know the First Tee foundation works with kids from all types of socioeconomic...
  2. PlayingThorns

WTB Scotty Cameron x7m custom headcover

So my golf partner and long time best friend is turning 24 on September 30th I am looking for the absolute conversation piece of a Scotty Cameron headcover for his futura x7m. PM with pictures and prices. Or post to this thread thanks.
  3. PlayingThorns

WTB- Rare/Tour/Special odyssey putter

Looking for a new addition to my bag. Currently using a Milled RSX 001. I like odyssey shaped and style like #1, #2, #6, #7. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  4. PlayingThorns

Best clubs to stock up on?

So here's the situation... I have a bag worthy of staying the same for a while, all my clubs are working fantastically right now. The thing is my job allows me to get clubs for Mill River Pricing. As well as stock piling callaway gift cards I have a want to stock up on clubs which I could break...
  5. PlayingThorns

WTB: Callaway Optifit Driver Shaft

Looking for Callaway Optifit Driver Shafts in Stiff. Preferably 65g or less but would be happy to have PM's sent with pricing and pictures of all available shafts.
  6. PlayingThorns

FS: Speeder 565 evolution

Stock XR16 speeder evolution 565 stiff flex with opti fit adaptor and callaway grip. Considering trade offers and asking $85 CONUS shipped OBO. No scratches no dings hasn't been used much. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  7. PlayingThorns

WTB: Titleist 915 aftermarket shaft

Currently looking for a 915 aftermarket shaft. Hopefully similar to the specs of the speeder 665 evolution ii ts stiff. torque around 3.4 kick point mid to mid/low, and with a titleist hossel.
  8. PlayingThorns

WTB: Callaway Optifit Driver Shaft

Playing length of 45.5" or 46", this is a replacement shaft for my XR stock fuji. 3.0 to 4.0 in torque and stiff flex mid or mid/low kick point.
  9. PlayingThorns

Bushnell Range Finder (Uses for Training/Practice)

I just recently ordered my first range finder which I am so excited to have. I'm looking for previous owners who have made use of there rangefinder in ways not specific to a round of golf. How do you train with it aside from getting distances with irons? Is there other uses that you THPers have...
  10. PlayingThorns

WITB

Did some custom paint fills on my MD's and my MD3 lucky clover. What do you all think? Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  11. PlayingThorns

FS: Callaway Aqua Dry Cart Bag

I bought a 2015 black and red Callaway cart bag this year have taken it out about 5 times. All the zippers and lining of the bag are in great condition. The bag is nearly unused. I am asking for $160 OBO shipped. I decided to go with a stand bag due to being 23 and fully capable of walking to...
  12. PlayingThorns

Firethorn Golf Club, Lincoln NE

First off I just want to mention my club in Nebraska although I'm surely biased this Pete Dye is unrivaled when the greens are at tournement conditions. The tips (Thorns) play 7025 yards and a par of 75.1 as well as a slope of 152. Hole 11 had the biggest increase of yardage when the Thorns box...
  13. PlayingThorns

Post a screen shot of your idea of a custom MD forged.

So after scrolling through callaway golf today I noticed the mac daddy forged will be customizable. Thus leading me to be very interested in what THP members would add to make their MD forged a master piece. I'll be adding my shortly, finding it very hard to customize on my phone. Hard time...
  14. PlayingThorns

Orange County National Which is the Gamer Which Course is Practice?

Waiting around to board my plan to Kissimmee Florida. Just curious about who has played Orange County National, and which course is a gamer there and which course is good practice? Any thoughts are helpful! Happy New Years Eve Y'all.
  15. PlayingThorns

Laying bed for one last post about making the most

So another Christmas has come and gone. Hope everyone had a boisterous jolly good time. As for making the most of our time from here. Let's get ready for a new year but if you aren't traveling or living in the warmer states please provide your best posy for how you are going to get up tomorrow...
Back