Recent content by podunker

1. podunker

Do you use a chipper?

Take this for what it's worth! (Posted in another forum also) (IMO, Anyone who shoots regularly in 80's or higher should be using a Chipper!) I have a single digit hdcp at my home course, and I use a Chipper, it's probably the 3rd most used club in my bag, behind my putter and driver. I...
  2. podunker

Single Length Irons thoughts, Specs?

I am thinking about making the plunge into some single length irons and I would love to get some opinions from the guys that have been playing them. I don't have any place to get fitted, so I will post my specifics here and maybe you all can lead me down the right path if I order online. I...
  3. podunker

Distance breakthrough.............kind of.....

I had my wife video my swing the other day. Wow was really casting the club on the downswing. I had noticed that I had lost some distance over the last few years, just chalked it up to getting older, I will be 52 in June. I searched around on the internet for some ways to increase Lag in my...
  4. podunker

Do I really need extra stiff shafts?

I just purchased a new to me Titleist 913D2 Driver that came with a stiff flex 60 gram RIP Phenom Aldila. I just got the head adjusted the way i like it, which is A2, a little open face. I tried several spots, but this setup gave the straightest and farthest ball flight. A slight draw usually...
  5. podunker

Two Great Swing Thoughts

These thoughts are actually from an old golf instruction book written by Gerry Hogan, but man did they really work for me. 1. keep the left hand on top of the right for as long as you can on the downswing. (Great for helping me not cast the club and holding the lag as long as possible. Don't...
  6. podunker

Some things just make sense to me...........as far as the swing goes!

Been a long journey and still enjoying the ride. Decided to start a new thread on what I am working on now, instead of adding to the old thread I started about my golf journey. "Hope this helps someone.............." Be interested in hearing other peoples thoughts! Well here I am again...
  7. podunker

Maybe this Will Help Someone.......books, instruction, and stuff #1

My guess is most of you on this site are like me. I love golf, playing, watching, and reading about it. I am constantly perusing this site, other sites, youtube, and reading books to improve at this crazy game. I don’t have an instructor in my town, and probably wouldn’t have the funds or time...
  8. podunker

Which Callaway Irons of old to buy.......X12,X14,xX16

Going to purchase some older Callaways and try them out. Not happy with anything I have tried lately. I had some X16 Pro Series irons a few years back and wish I had never got rid of them. Thinking maybe the X14's might be better, but really don't know. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  9. podunker

Graphite Shafts for New Irons.......help please!

Getting ready to order my first set of graphite shafted irons, the Acer XDS React irons. Since I have never played a graphite shaft in my irons I was wanting to get some opinions on the ones they offer and that I have done a little research on. I use stiff shafted Ping G15's right now, and had...
  10. podunker

"Stack and Tilt"........My personal experience

I know there is another thread....just thought this might help somebody out....sorry for the long read! Background Information first. I started playing golf about 20 years in my early twenties. My older brother worked at a range when he was young and had played from a young age. He is eight...
  11. podunker

I took a Mulligan with my iron purchase.................

I upgraded to Mizuno MX300's about 2 months ago after doing a lot of research on them. They initially were much different than my old clubs that I had for 4 years or so. (Callaway X-14's) The Callaways had served me well and I wanted to take advantage of the new technologies out there now. I...
  12. podunker

Went Putter Shopping today...........$200 limit

I have been playing a Scotty Cam Phantom Mallet for over two years and for some reason have lost confidence and feel with it. A grip change didn't help the feel department. So, I decided to make a putter change. Seems like this happens every few years, had a Scotty Newport before , and used a...
  13. podunker

How to go about getting used to a new set of stix...is there a better way!

I am about a 7 and just pulled the trigger on a new set of Mizuno Mx300 irons. I have played the Callaway x-14 Pro's for about 4 or 5 years (however long they have been out.) I wanted to uprgrade and did a lot of research on the internet on new irons. I eventually chose the Mizuno MX300's. I...
Back