Recent content by Popeye

1. Popeye

Xcaliber Xclusiv Shafts - Rapid Taper Series

Put one of the 75g shafts in a 2 hybrid. Its 19° and again like the 4 iron.. not a loft im good with. Well I can erase that thought. After a half dozen swings i was hitting a straight to very slight fade. Beautiful trajectory that just kept going. What continues to shock me with these Rapid...
  2. Popeye

Best Feeling/Sounding Irons You Have Ever Hit?

Oh boy..... refer to the original misspelling. Then... think of every Tarantino movie they all have women's feet prominently displayed. Hence,,,, Jman would be a Tarantino movie buff as well. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  3. Popeye

He loves Tarentino movies too. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  4. Popeye

This one is easy. 99 Hogan Apex. I played those till they were flat worn out. At a driving range in Staten Island a pro had a fitting cart. After we settled on a 1/2" long and the Apex 4 shaft it was an instant connection. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  5. Popeye

Your Rankings: Top Sounding/Feeling Hollow Body Irons

PXG King Forged Tech Maltby TS2 P790 I500 Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  6. Popeye

Requesting a curbside fitting consult please...

By any chance are the new clubs longer than your last set. If you choke down on the club how does your ball flight change? Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  7. Popeye

Kinetixx Launch Shafts

I have gamed the Paderson TS1 shafts. Distance was excellent as was feel. One issue was that spin numbers were on the lower side of the spectrum for me. They did fly on the higher side. Height and lower spin. Which is one of the reasons they went so far. Yet they still landed very soft. I gained...
  8. Popeye

Kinetixx Launch Shafts

There is a good reason the Paderson shafts are used by every long drive champion. They flat-out move. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  9. Popeye

So there’s a golf dating app now

Unfortunately this will be a true story. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  10. Popeye

Ben Hogan ICON Irons

I love how the black finish perfectly frames the ball strike. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  11. Popeye

Chipping inconsistencies, yips you name it

I will use whatever club will get me onto the putting surface and rolling asap. If you are always grabbing a wedge its far too easy to fall back into bad habits. A lot of times I'm holding an 8 iron. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  12. Popeye

Chipping inconsistencies, yips you name it

For me I keep the chipping motion as close to a putting stroke as much as possible. Eliminate as many moving parts as i can. Once you perfect it, you will be very surprised how often you will either hole out or leave a 2' putt. Its so simple its stupid. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  13. Popeye

Putter of the Day 16 May 2020

Never mind the color, which I really don't like pink anything unless its on a woman.. the proportions just look wrong to me. Like at the last second they shrunk the face because they made the rest of it look too big. Hard no for me. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  14. Popeye

What holes are toughest for you?

Statistically I'm 3.3 on par 3s. 4.2 on par 4s and 4.9 on par 5s. So strictly speaking I'm losing the most strokes on par 3s. I don't know where everyone else struggles. For myself I try to play from the back tees at every course. So the par threes tend to be fairly long. Sent from my...
  15. Popeye

Maltby Tour Grind MG forged wedge

My ego will tell you that I'm too good to play an M+ mid sole. My miss is a 1/2- 3/4 wedge swing that I release too early on and bury the club head. At times that miss could show up when I was playing full shots with the MMBs. I recently had a round where this was all too common. When I got...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in