Recent content by Popeye

1. Popeye

Best Iron Finish?

If you have ever owned a set of the DBM finished irons, this isn't even a debate. After even a few years of use there is no bag chatter. The only signs of wear is a graying on the sole or the sweet spot. Since there is no coating on the grooves, they remain sharp. This process reacts differently...
  2. Popeye

What are the Muni's in your area charging these days?

Weekday walking $21, Ride $35 Weekend walking $27, Ride $41. This is our cheapest course. Pinehills Golf Course A really nice course is Weekday $40 No walk option Weekend $50. Stone Hedge Golf course
  3. Popeye

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

I would say the biggest improvement may be in feel. The PW and GW are certainly ripe for the upgrade as they are now hollow like the rest of the set. The lighter shaft can make a big difference as a round progresses. Swinging a 110g shaft can wear out a golfer. You are probably swinging the 95...
  4. Popeye

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

I hit the Qi 10 today with the AV limited S flex shaft. 9.0 head. I gamed both the Stealth and the Stealth 2 in the plus models. I feel you can forget everything about those heads as this is a whole new animal. Over my gamer TS3 is gained club head speed by nearly 4 mph. Feel is fantastic. I...
  5. Popeye

Review Xcaliber Xclusiv Mystic Driver Shaft Review

That BS has long been gone. It was a ridiculous idea from the get go. When the site gest back up and running prices are listed for every shaft.
  6. Popeye

Not really..... Robin is still running it. He just hired some sort of managers to run advertising and shipping. So not the real changes that need to be made. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
  7. Popeye

Hmmmm. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
  8. Popeye

Two posts up it says OP but no name. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
  9. Popeye

Is this @Jman you are hitting the regular flex Phoenix? Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
  10. Popeye

Same shaft in driver and fairways?

Fairly common. I've done it in the past. Usually my first option with a new fairway head. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
  11. Popeye

Need some help

Also make sure you swing weight to a D2 at least. More swing weight will keep them playing softer. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
  12. Popeye

Need some help

So the trim code calls for the 4 iron shaft to be trimmed .5" a 6iron would be 1.5". So you want these S flex shafts to play as soft as possible to be closer to R. Putting the 4 iron shaft in the 5 iron will have it play 1/3 flex less. Then you trim the 5 iron to overall playing length. That is...
  13. Popeye

Need some help

Then he should be able to get away with the double soft step. Still I would do a test club. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
  14. Popeye

Need some help

Your statement could not be any more wrong. They are a .370 shaft. They come uncut. You tip trim according to the head that the shaft is intended for. He wants to get them as soft as possible. So he is asking to soft step twice. Which is the only way to get them close to an R flex. Then they...
  15. Popeye

Need some help

A little bit of knowledge is certainly dangerous. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Back