Recent content by radeon962

1. radeon962

Cleveland CBX4 Wedges Review

CBX4 may be moving along after my round last night. Loved them at the range off of mats but hit almost every shot, whether full swing or partial, fat last night during my round. I have never had such an issue as I did last night and was ready to snap both wedges. I was hitting everything else...
  2. radeon962

Comparing Golf Clubs - what are you basing it on?

I hit them at the local range that has Trackman. Whether it is 100% accurate really doesn’t matter to me as it is relative to me and the balls I have hit there with numerous clubs. If I like a club or clubs at the range, they go to the course for a round or two. If they work then they stay in...
  3. radeon962

For Sale Ping G430 LST 10.5* Project X EvenFlow WHITE T1100 65 STIFF + Headcover + 2 Extra Weights

$335 - Ping G430 LST 10.5* Project X EvenFlow WHITE T100 65 STIFF w/ Gold Pride STANDARD grip. Plays to 45.75" measured down the back of the shaft to the heel. Overall in nice condition. Face shows marks from use. Top and paint looks good with no real marks that I could see other than some...
  4. radeon962

What golf stuff did you buy today?

This is what happens when I can’t play and find deals this time of year….
  5. radeon962

Crazy game. I ended up in PXG Gen6 0311P with Steelfiber FC115. They are like a better feeling Ping iron. I played Ping irons for years before I moved over to PXG and having the ability to swingweight by swapping out the weight has been awesome as I tend to try a lot of shafts. Hand a short...
  6. radeon962

The DG105’s felt brittle to me. I preferred the Nippon 105’s. I switched to graphite due to my elbows in everything but my wedges. I used Steelfiber 115’s in my irons and CBX Zipcore’s last season and may end up reshaftng the CBX4’s with them eventually if things flare up.
  7. radeon962

I have had good luck with the Nippons in every weight other than the 120’s which are totally different profile than the rest. KBS have not worked for me in the past.
  8. radeon962

My CBX4 54 & 58 arrived today and look very nice. It may be awhile before I get to hit them, but first impressions are very positive.
  9. radeon962

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

First pre-order I have done in years. Played Paradym TD for most of last year and it was the longest driver I have ever played when the swing was on, but could go wayward when I was not swinging well. Looking to the Max to try and get something a bit easier to control while not worrying so...
  10. radeon962

If you could play a round every day, would you?

Yes. Closest I get is when we visit the in-laws on vacation. We play everyday and most days once in the morning and then an evening round. If we are not doing anything during the day we even sneak in an afternoon round. Father-in-law golfs everyday, keeps his cart at the course and is a...
  11. radeon962

Couldn’t resist after contemplating today, and being realistic about my short game and lack of practice, so I just put in my pre-order: Cleveland CBX 4 Wedges Loft: 54 & 58 Lie: 2* FLAT Shaft: Steel Shaft Type: Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Wedge 115 Shaft Length: +0.25” Grip: Standard
  12. radeon962

Cleveland CBX4 or Ping S159 is the question for me with wedges this year. Loved Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth when I played them a few seasons back but did not care for the Glide 3.0 or 4.0. Loved the CBX ZipCore for most of last season before I moved over to some Vokeys. Leaning to the CBX 4 but...
  13. radeon962

Graphite Design Tour AD VF Shafts

That’s why be careful what works for another player may not be the best for you. Probably the biggest reason I am a “buy and try” type. It’s hard to know what actually works without hitting something multiple times. Fittings are excellent but it’s easy to compensate and make corrections when...
Back