Recent content by radiman

1. radiman

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

Definitely. The right fit. Hitting that optimized mix of control and distance. One thing I noticed in my admittedly brief testing. Was that none of the new drivers seemed to be lacking in speed. I didn't go through a full fledged fitting or gather numbers across all of them. But, out of...
  2. radiman

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

Ha, I won't lie. The Qi10 LS is sex on a stick and I really wish it was the best fit for me just for the shape, size, and sleek look.
  3. radiman

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

I have been guilty of generalizing a lot of these releases through the years. Not really giving spin the respect it deserves. It has taken a year where I wasn't able to play much and some god awful tee shots to really force myself to look at it from a different perspective. I will be...
  4. radiman

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

So I’ve gone in and hit a few of the new drivers. I’ll preface this by saying that my path and AoA have gone awry this off season lol. I’ve been getting more and more from the inside the past few years. So my miss is typically a block or a low spin hook. To remedy the hook I’ve been going with...
  5. radiman

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

Thanks for the in hand pics! So so clean. Very much in the Titleist realm of sleek. I have been extremely interested in the Max model for this and the coming G430 10K. I was hoping to see a neutral face and lie. A forgiving neutral Max driver. I wouldn't mind point and shoot. But, when my...
  6. radiman

Would you play this new golf ball with these numbers? *2024 ball ponders*

To some extent sure. But, I lived in that low spin realm for a bit with a set a few years ago. Stronger lofts and a lower spin design. It was very difficult to maintain consistency when my lies changed. Living low on the spin spectrum had me feeling like I was on a razors edge between a...
  7. radiman

I am curious what would happen on a wet day out of the rough when spin is already that low.
  8. radiman

So, then the question is, what are you gaining compared to what you currently play? More height? Speed? Just better feel?
  9. radiman

Spin definitely seems on the low side. But, that's based on my preferences for my game. As long as you don't lose any front/back dispersion and the numbers don't jump all over the place, you do you haha. If I were testing a ball and saw that low of spin, I would probably discount it pretty...
  10. radiman

3-wood pondering

If it worked it worked! No need to replace what isn't broken. In Chicago, you should have ample options to try a bunch of models. I would highly recommend taking your time and find something that works best for you. The 3w is such a personal club for most it seems. It took me forever to...
  11. radiman

3-wood pondering

The Diablo is old enough that I think you would really have to go in and take a look at its potential replacement. There are a few tall face options. Since 2010, the 3 wood has really become hotter and hotter. So, be prepared to pick up some distance with the replacement! I don't know if you...
  12. radiman

Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Ok. The CB is a ball speed monster. It was not what I was expecting when I grabbed the demo and just swung a bit cold off the street. Spin maybe a little low. But playing that draw for the most part so not surprising.
  13. radiman

PXG 0317T Irons

I appreciate more spin personally. I had gen3 0311T last year for a bit. They would get me in the 6600-7k range for a 7 iron. Which for me is prime. Where most recently, the Apex MB had me at sub 6k. Still very playable. But I like more. Just seems the trend is lower and lower spin. Especially...
  14. radiman

Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Went to the shop today hoping to see the new line. They only had the MB 7i. No pro or cb. No stock to check out. Hit the MB 7i a few times. It’s nice. Looks great behind the ball. A little more firm than I was expecting. But it is a nice looking club.
Back