Recent content by rajohnson

1. rajohnson

Cleveland Area PGA Instructor

Hello, Anyone that lives or did live around the Cleveland area know of a good swing coach? I am looking at impriving my short game, and work like to work on it over the winter. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
  2. rajohnson

Epic SZ vs TS3

I got fitted for a TS3 a month ago, and have loved it, long, accurate, forgiving and looks great. On a whim I took out my Epic SZ today for a round, and I hit some really great drives that carried farther than my TS3, and I hit every fairway but one that I used it on. So this is making me re...
  3. rajohnson

Grip Weight

Does changing a grip weight have a big effect on feel or swing weight? Like for example, the grip that’s on my driver is 50 grams, I want to put a new grip on that weighs 46 grams. Would that be a huge difference? Thanks in advance for any help. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. rajohnson

Bucket List Trip

Royal Portrush. We played it as they will the Open, with 2 new holes. Excellent course. We tees off at 9am, it was 45 degrees with 20-25mph winds. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. rajohnson

Bucket List Trip

Amazing course. We had 45mph wind gusts, and some rain, but had a great time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. rajohnson

Bucket List Trip

First Tee Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. rajohnson

Bucket List Trip

After a horrible year personally, I finally decided to book the golf trip I have always wanted. Sep 17 tee time at Royal County Down Sep 20 tee time at Royal Portrush My daughter and I are flying over to spend the week in N Ireland. I have always wanted to go there, so finally decided to do...
  8. rajohnson

Backyard Par 3

Final pics, turned out amazing. Got to hit some balls tonight from the tee, chipped and putted a little. I will get a lot of use out of this. It was a fun project, but a lot of work.
  9. rajohnson

Backyard Par 3

Green is done, tomorrow sand comes and tee gets finished. Have to finish the outside of the green, going with black mulch. Will post the final pics once I finish all that. Here are some pics after sanding and rolling. Rolled some putts tonight, little bit of everything, uphill, downhill...
  10. rajohnson

Backyard Par 3

Taking shape, they are cutting the putting green and putting the fringe around it. Sand for the bunker will arrive tomorrow, should be finished tomorrow afternoon. Will post pics as they progress.
  11. rajohnson

Backyard Par 3

Started laying the turf today, rain slowed the progress a little, got the tee base done. Should finished tomorrow evening or Friday morning.
  12. rajohnson

Backyard Par 3

More pics, today they finished all the shaping, dug out the area for the tee, shaped the bunker. Tomorrow the grass gets installed. View from tee
  13. rajohnson

Backyard Par 3

After seeing what others have done, and wanting to do this for years, I am finally getting my backyard Par3. Hole will be 50 yards, could have done more, but wanted a tee box, and green on my side yard, so 50 yards worked right. Today they did the initial excavation. Below are the first set...
  14. rajohnson

FS: Callaway Rogue SZ Driver and Fairway, Ping G400 Max

I have a few items for sale: Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5 EvenFlow Blue 65 stiff, 45" length, stock grip. Only hit about 10 times. Asking $350 shipped conus Callaway Rogue SZ 5 wood, EvenFlow 75 Stiff, stock length, stock grip, Only hit about 5 times. Asking $225 shipped conus Ping G400 Max 10.5...
  15. rajohnson

Early Wrist Hinge

I tried this the last two times I went to the range, and it really seemed to improve my strike, almost all were hit dead center in face, and really seemed to compress the ball with some power. Anyone else try this? I focused on hinging my wrists first then moving my shoulders, I think it puts...
Back