Recent content by Ranger5022

1. R

Family short break to the Big Apple

Hi ladies and gents the family and I are looking at spending four/five days in New York at the end of May , now if anyone has good suggestions for places to visit and eat etc I am all ears. I will have the kids with me 13/11 years , and obviously want to do some of the normal sights but if...
  2. R

Pros shouting FORE

Another unfortunate incident that reminds me why we ALL should shout Fore when that little white ball isnt heading where we intended it to...... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-2751868/Fabrizio-Zanotti-knocked-unconscious-wayward-ball-Alexandre-Kaleka-KLM-Open-play-suspended.html...
  3. R

Golfers and their fantasy form

Now I cannot claim credit for this as I saw it on somewhere else on the internet but it did make me chuckle and I thought it might be a little bit of fun. So pick a Golf Pro and which fantasy character is them , you can do pics if you wish ( but remember this is a family forum!!) A couple of...
  4. R

Best Birthday present ever

So it was my birthday weekend last weekend,I was Night duty in the Friday but stayed up for my birthday on the Saturday as my 9 year old daughter had qualified for the County swimming championships. Well she gave me the best present ever with two silvers and a Gold for the 200m Breastroke...
  5. R

Who would you be.....

Following the debate on Sergios actions in his match against Ricky Fowler it made me pause and think and I came up with two questions 1.) Which Tour player (current or not) would you most like your attitude and on course persona to be like ..? 2.) Which Tour player (current or not) would you...
  6. R

The ultimate golf cart

Check out this ebay listing and tell me you dont deep down really want this ....... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ebaymotors/BATMAN-TUMBLER-GOLF-CART-/190993892121?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true Beats that hovercraft hands down, and I would imagine you could always...
  7. R

Come up with an ultimate name for a new driver

Well , in repsonse to JB's thread http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?50807-Drivers-used-to-have-better-names I thought to myself we could all have a little fun and come up with stupid and irreverant names and slogans for as yet to be designed drivers ...no need to give...
  8. R

Google Glass GPS Golf system anyone?

Found this in my Flipboard whilst on the way to work. Now while the article is mostly on about the new development tools for the Google Glass project it was the photo that grabbed my attention ......have a look , I think these would be a useful addition / substitution to a golf gps unit....now...
  9. R

War Eagle...what a diamond geezer

Ladies and Gents of THP , I am sure you all know what a great guy War Eagle is anyway but he went above and beyond again for me . I posted the other day in the phones thread about if anyone had a particular type of long life phone battery they didnt need as they are virtually impossible to get...
  10. R

USPGA considering playing the Major outside the USA

So I have been seeing some reports that the USPGA is considering running its Major championship outside the USA . The earliest it can do this would be 2020 as Bethpage Black has just been agreed for 2019. At this stage it is merely being considered.... So as a resident of the UK we have the...
  11. R

An internet connected beer making machine ...perfect

:banana:Just found this whilst browsing the internet ....looks like a good start up , and who doesnt want there own beer making machine http://hexus.net/ce/news/gadgets/60737-ex-microsoft-execs-launch-beer-making-device-kickstarter/
  12. R

Titleist 775 CB forged irons

O great forum people anyone got any experience of these clubs. Ranger junior fancies some of these as his next clubs till he grows into men's clubs. There is less than a quarter of an inch length difference between a set of ladies clubs and the longest set of US kids tour clubs so it seems to...
  13. R

Anyone know anything about these?

Looking at getting Ranger junior some ladies clubs as his about to be tall enough for the biggest size in US kids clubs and there is only a quarter of an inch difference. He is currently playing US kids tour clubs so not as forgiving as the standard ones. Anyone have any opinions on these...
  14. R

Thank you toad

Just want to say a big big thank you to TOAD He posted that he had some XFT wedge faces he wanted to get rid of and I asked if he could ship them here to the UK , I used paypal to pay him for the postage and they arrived with a little added bonus a THP ball marker... What a TRUE gentleman and...
  15. R

Muscle memory....a curse and a blessing...

So here it is , I know a little about muscle memory from my time instructing various self defence and equipment training from my law enforcement career....so I am not a novice on its effects . I known that to ingrain a "muscle memory" it takes approx 1000 repetitions of the action , be they bad...
Back