Recent content by Renren89

1. Renren89

Photo Heavy Golfing in Alberta

I personally think that Kananaskis has the best courses in the region. Definitely don't want to miss it.
  2. Renren89

Angry on the Course?

I don't often get angry but there was one time where we were playing during a holiday on a city course so of course it was backed up to hell and on the 18th fairway we were in our carts waiting for the green to clear and the group behind us hit into us and the ball hit our cart.
  3. Renren89

Am I the only one who hits my drives less than 250 yds here?

When I hit the ball with an average swing I'm probably in the 240-250 range. If I hit it really well it can go longer for sure but that has to be struck well. I know this for sure since there's a par 4 with a peninsula green that's about a 220 carry to the front edge to clear the water if you...
  4. Renren89

Will You be Flying Before the End of the Year?

Nope but that's only because I already went on vacation this year where I flew (and got back just before everything went crazy thankfully) I think the biggest problem with flying this year is going to be the uncertainty from the airlines and not knowing if they'll change or cancel your flights...
  5. Renren89

Greens Guarded?

Not super guarded but they do have their fair share of sand traps and water. #1 - no bunkers but hedges long and a big tree in the middle of the fairway about 50 yards from the green #2 - decent sized bunker on the left #3 - bunkers on left and right, drop off to ob long #4 - bunker short right...
  6. Renren89

Sweatpants on the golf course?

I wouldn't do it but as long as they have good playing etiquette I really don't care what they wear.
  7. Renren89

What Drivers Have You Played in 2020 So Far?

Normally I don't play this many drivers but since I was on vacation in Europe I didn't bring my clubs with me I played quite a few more than I would normally in a year. I've used Ping G Titleist 917 D2 Taylormade M3 Taylormade M6 Taylormade M1 2016 Taylormade M1 2017 The M1's are mine since I...
  8. Renren89

Pro calls out Vijay for playing a Korn Ferry event

Who said anything about being a fan of Vijay? No matter your personal opinion on him he's still a fairly well known name in golf which would get a lot more people interested in the event then if the biggest name was someone they've never heard of. Plus while you may think he's a giant asshole...
  9. Renren89

How many courses have you played?

I also collect golf balls and I have 38 although not every course I've played has a logo ball and I played some courses before I started collecting. Probably around 50 different courses which I think is pretty impressive considering how I don't exactly live in a popular golf location
  10. Renren89

Do you like wearing a golf glove?

I hit the ball just as badly with a glove as I do without so I don't bother. Honestly there's absolutely no difference for me and this way I save a bit of money and don't have an untanned hand.
  11. Renren89

Best Overall Experience - Golf Resorts

As much as I enjoyed the course (they were fantastic) I would have to say that the overall experience for Cabot Links was somewhat disappointing. The restaurants at the course aren't great and there's not too much around locally for food as well as things for a non golfer to do. Plus unless...
  12. Renren89

Best Course Within 100 Miles

I'll be honest there aren't a huge amount of courses within 100 miles (or 160km for people with correct units) so I'd probably have to go with Crowsnest Pass Golf Course which is the only real mountain course for me within that range. I mean just look at it.
  13. Renren89

Do you think the USGA should set a standard for the flagstick/cup issue going forward?

Biggest con is that local rules could be so different that playing by one club's local rules could give you a vastly different score than the other so it's impossible to actually know where you stand in relation to anyone else not at your club
  14. Renren89

Pizza Hut vs Dominos vs Little Caesars vs Hungry Howies vs Papa Johns

I find Papa John's tastes the best of those although that's only when fresh. It's terrible for leftovers. Dominoes tends to be my go to though as I find it's better in terms of value.
  15. Renren89

How would you play this shot (Round 4)

Probably a 3 hybrid off the tee which should hopefully leave me about 100-110 yards to the green which is a nice easy PW
Back