Recent content by road2ruin

1. road2ruin

Driver Shaft flex vs. Swing Speed

I got fit last Thursday, swing speed was around 98mph and ended up with the Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max with a Project X VRTX Red 50 (Regular). I can get a bit 'toey' with my strike (Indian rather than the arrows) but the fitter set the club up so my strikes were a lot more centred and the...
  2. road2ruin

The SkyTrak+ Launch Monitor

Cheers JB. I’ll only be using this off a mat in the garden otherwise domestic management gets the hump at me ruining the lawn.
  3. road2ruin

The SkyTrak+ Launch Monitor

Morning, apologies as I suspect this has been answered previously but hoping someone can do so again. My present set up is using my Mevo+ but as I have a non permanent set up I must admit it’s a bit of a faff having to set up each time and getting the unit precisely in the correct alignment etc...
  4. road2ruin

What’s your current headcover setup?

Scott Readman head covers….
  5. road2ruin

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Downloaded the update yesterday which was good timing as I had a round in the afternoon. I'm pleased to say that on first use it was excellent, the watch detected every tag, didn't crash and found the course within 60 seconds. The negative was that it didn't detect a single shot with my...
  6. road2ruin

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Hi Gavin, that's great although is there any chance you can add the update to the windows firmware updater? I cannot update my watch in any other way at the moment and I'm playing in a couple of hours so would like to give this a go.
  7. road2ruin

Shot Scope X5 Watch

This is my most recent issue, despite the watch being in it's normal place it just wouldn't pick up any tags even though they had worked perfectly in previous rounds. I can't understand how that can happen, hoping CS will give me an answer.
  8. road2ruin

Shot Scope X5 Watch

The touch screen is not far off a first generation smartphone, it's laggy and takes a number of attempts to get the unlock to actually work in my experience.
  9. road2ruin

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Yep, that’s exactly as I get which is why I asked the question. The supposed manual doesn’t match what I’m seeing?
  10. road2ruin

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I gave the X5 another outing last night, I wasn’t particularly worried about using it as whilst I have had issues they’ve been with the set up rather than the use of it as my previous rounds it had performed well. Sadly this was not the case on this round. Firstly, got to the course and the X5...
  11. road2ruin

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Thanks Gavin, fingers crossed!
  12. road2ruin

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Not sure whether we should start being worried about the lack of recent activity from ShotScope? The last firmware update was on the 2nd May and nothing since then. I can only get sporadic connection between my watch and (any) phone and was told that an update would be imminent, that was about a...
  13. road2ruin

GEM golf swing aid

I bought a v1 Planemate the other week from eBay as a brand new v2 version was £288 when you factor in shipping, duties and taxes!! The one on eBay set me back £120 which was pretty reasonable as I had been watching them come and go for around the £150 mark previously. Anyway, I've also got the...
  14. road2ruin

Brands you just don’t seem to hit well

Callaway drivers. Nothing against the brand as I’ve played their Apex irons for years but have never found a driver I can hit. Been for loads of fittings and tried Callaway heads with various shafts but they never perform (for me) compared to most other drivers.
Back