Recent content by RolandOfGilead

1. RolandOfGilead

adidas Golf MC80 Spikeless Golf Shoes

Thanks man. I’ve been a happy FJ Premiere guy for a couple years but the possibility of a little less weight caught my attention. My only other concern is durability of the faux spikes - any comments or observations on those? These would be my only gamer pair and I walk pretty much every round...
  2. RolandOfGilead

adidas Golf MC80 Spikeless Golf Shoes

How are these holding up? And how is the weight compared to a FJ Premiere? They look great and I’m curious.
  3. RolandOfGilead

What is safe in the bag?

I’m playing persimmons this year (driver and 4W) so my old faithful G400 driver won’t be replaced. 17* UW is also safe but in storage. Irons are safe but that’s partially because I’ll be rotating through three sets: * 1999 Ben Hogan Apex blades (primary) * W/S FG-51 (new to me, secondary) *...
  4. RolandOfGilead

Mini Club Brushes

I mostly use these during range sessions as an easy way to wipe off dirt and preserve my iron faces. Great product.
  5. RolandOfGilead

Your 2023 Irons - New Shiny or Run it Back?

Going to run these back (1999 Ben Hogan Apex): … and also swap these new (to me) and shiny ones in from time to time after I build them early in the year (W/S FG-51s).
  6. RolandOfGilead

New Release: Callaway Apex UW

Proforce V2 works great for me in this club, and it comes in black. The UW head is pretty low spin so I think mid profile shafts fit well.
  7. RolandOfGilead

WD40 or vinegar plus some elbow grease may clean that up.
  8. RolandOfGilead

Review Maltby Max Milled Wedges

I play two TSW wedges and they are absolutely fantastic. I previously played the M-Series+ which is the predecessor to the Max. The M-Series+ heads were quite heavy and therefore needed butt weights to get reasonable swingweights with 130g shafts. I reached out to Golfworks about this and they...
  9. RolandOfGilead

I never could make HZRDUS shafts work in fairways either FWIW. Absolutely worth a shot if you have a decent alternative on hand.
  10. RolandOfGilead

I loved the UW the moment I saw it but my bag setup felt pretty solid. Recently I had to tuck my tail, concede defeat, and give up on my gorgeous Cobra F9 Tour 4-5W. The sweet spot was just too small for my ability, and it isn’t a forgiving design for mis-hits either. So I cashed in on a...
  11. RolandOfGilead

Is there 1 wedge to rule them all?

The Maltby TSW wedges are every bit as good as any major OEM, plus they are forged. Only one grind (like Edison) and the SW is very reminiscent of my old c.2010 Vokey SM wedge but with better feel. If you have club building skills it’s only $45 to buy a head and try it out.
  12. RolandOfGilead

UST Proforce V2 in fairway woods

I have the 7F5 in driver and 4W, plus the 85F5 in hybrid. It’s a great, inexpensive shaft and well worth a try. The 4W is tipped between the 3 and 5W recommendations (1.5”) and it is mid-mid profile and very stable.
  13. RolandOfGilead

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

I have been playing the plain TSW wedges in 56 and 60 lofts for a few months now, and they are absolutely fantastic. I built them to be essentially the same club, minus loft and bounce differences, and absolutely love the setup. They have DG X100 8 iron shafts and traditional Hogan ferrules to...
  14. RolandOfGilead

POLL: What is the loft of your 7i?!

It definitely says the strong majority think they are benefitting from this tech. I wonder how many would actually see their game regress after a committed switch from strong lofted power bats to weak lofted blades. The marketing and conventional wisdom are completely one sided. As I said...
  15. RolandOfGilead

POLL: What is the loft of your 7i?!

Previous set was 34. Just switched to some sweet 90s Hogan blades with a 7i at 36 and I may end up bending a degree or two weak.
Back