Recent content by rollin

1. rollin

Really random: which pocket?

In my view of this (BTW interesting to talk about imo). But holding a follow through (finishing the swing) is a physical action related to and a means for us to create the better shot because its a way to help insure we dont pull out of the swing or change the swing speed or direction or timing...
  2. rollin

Ive always found it strange thing when people reference they "feel" it better. Firstly I dont know how one doesnt feel the strike of the ball with a glove on cause gloves are usually skin tight anyway. . I can feel it just fine (for myself). The other thing is that feel is not a means to the...
  3. rollin

How does you salary look compared to this?

How does you salary look compared to this? The exact same way it did before I saw that. Hence why im upset I have to pay 56 to walk my muni.
  4. rollin

not only dont i take it 0ff, but once it gets even mildly hot and humid I wear them on both hands and never take either one off. And gotten so use to it I even often wear the two when it isnt so humid out. i wear water gloves with mesh outers. I sweat like a pig and it runs down my forearms...
  5. rollin

What are the Muni's in your area charging these days?

That was my complaint...56 last Friday. It's gotten too much imo. Especially considering we are footing the bill for non golf related expenses.
  6. rollin

Dont know how people do it
  7. rollin

I forgot to mention my county does have somewhat of a small chintzy discount. So you earn about 4bucks in points per 100 spent (or about $2 per round) on greens fees. So basically every 25 rounds (at 56 per) you earn one. Given this is the northeast one really needs to play minimum twice per...
  8. rollin

Is driving or putting harder? The math...

as for which one (putting or driving) is harder? I suppose it also depends whether one is talking fairways or just keeping the ball in play but still at a reasonable distance. Hitting fw's narrows the answer down considerably. certainly many holes need not be played with driver if one has the...
  9. rollin

Respectfully your implying this as being far more easy than it is. The issue is not having a good swing but having a good repeatable swing. General ball striking fails with all clubs is an enormous part of what separates lower and higher cappers. Even for countless folks without at all trying...
  10. rollin

That is some points I can agree with. The appearance of missing a 10 footer to the right side is much less noticeable (and more acceptable) thing in our minds than slicing one into the right woods. We may be disappointed we missed the 10 footer but we also know we got the second putt from...
  11. rollin

what you said when referencing hitting shorter approaches leading to more birdie opportunities was this...."Its nonsense theory" and that couldnt be more untrue. . Most brids and even also pars are made by hitting greens, not by missing them and then holing out. Te first thing one needs to do...
  12. rollin

but here again your comparing tour pros and also doing so vs each other where as its a given they are all consistently efficient at getting on or near enough greens within gir amount of strokes consistently. You think any player who has 2 penalty strokes as well as 4 more recovery strokes due...
  13. rollin

the issue here is that when this is discussed we must relate it only to a same person. In this sense any given player will be better off if that same player is longer and more consistent off the tee then he she was prior. Just the same way an given person will be better if he becomes better...
  14. rollin

But that low score also meant the player was not erratic (penal) nor poor enough to add strokes off the tee. Your forgetting that part. Low scores cant materialize unless tee shots are respectably in play and with respectable distance.
Back