Recent content by RollingStone73

1. R

One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

Are you hitting them thin and with a different path? Any way you could get onto a launch monitor that gives you club head data?
  2. R

LASIK....Who's had it? Who wants? Experiences?

I had it done about 12 years ago in the military and it was a revelation. No more goggles fogging up when getting out of helicopters! Anyway, I am still 20/20 and the docs say I have enough cornea for a touch up, whenever I need that. I will say that it was a mildly creepy experience. The OR...
  3. R

Toe Hits

Perhaps try Strike Plan, Adam Young’s online offering? It is a great deal and teaches you to remedy all sorts of strike issues. It’s methodical.
  4. R

Japan

I am thinking about scheduling a post-Covid trip to Japan, staying for several weeks and working my way gradually south from Sapporo. I'd like to play approx. ten courses while there. Does anyone have favorites I should consider? Did you book tee times directly or use an agency? I studied...
  5. R

PuttOUT Compact Putting Mirror..... Anyone?

I have it and I like it. I use it with a couple small stakes and a neon string. Good quality.
  6. R

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I have a 20* Super Hybrid with Ventus Blue shaft that I cut to 39” and added an aftermarket weight from Billy Bob’s to bring the swing weight back to D2. It is working great and at just about 1” over my Forged Tec's has been easy to manage. Not sure how...
  7. R

Single Plane Swing - Simplified Biomechanics?

Yes, the basics that I wrote above were taken from the course. I don’t know what the longer courses are like, but I wish I could find an alternative. I’ve done Tour Striker and GGA didn’t hold a candle to them in terms of quality of instruction or overall experience. They were also very salesy...
  8. R

Single Plane Swing - Simplified Biomechanics?

I am reviving this thread. First year golfer here, and I have been working on single plane at the suggestion of my instructor due to a history of traumatic injury. She's not an expert on the swing, but knew enough to fit me correctly and point me towards Moe Norman videos on YouTube. Fast...
  9. R

My gaps and distances are pretty much identical, although I don’t have a 4 iron. Above 5 iron, I have either my 7 wood or a 22* Super Hybrid that I cut down, depending on where I’m playing. Both carry just under 200 and it’s just a difference in landing angle. After that, it’s 3 wood and...
  10. R

How different is the ball flight between the Forged Tec and RadSpeed 5 irons?
  11. R

I love my OL GW - it doesn’t feel strange at all. 55* and 60* wedges in VL +1/2” below that (my normal length).
  12. R

Maybe look at the OL utility iron instead of 4i? It would give you some extra adjustability. I went 5i to 7W because I need the higher launch.
  13. R

I spent some time on Trackman tonight and my first experience with these clubs was very interesting. As a first year golfer coming from Mavrik Max's, I was perhaps a little intimidated at first - the Forged Tec's are just so much smaller and sexier. I hit about 120 balls in an hour ranging...
  14. R

My Forged Tec OL with Steelfiber i95's arrived this morning...looking forward to putting them through their paces this weekend, but they look and feel great!
  15. R

Cobra receives their OL heads from production in -2, neutral and +2 lie angles, then bends them for intermediate lies. I have a set on the way that are .+1/2” and 1* upright. If you have any questions, you should just call them. They have been super friendly and helpful with me.
Back