Recent content by roswellj

1. roswellj

What is your “go to” club?

54 degree. Had a round recently where everything from 90m and in was no further than 5m from the hole. Just a shame it sometimes takes me 3-4 shots to get to 90m and in
  2. roswellj

TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver

Makes sense. I know that my local shop was cursing TM last time I was in there because they still had about a dozen Stealth 2's sitting on the shelf when the QI10 came in and TM was pretty firm on them only being allowed to slightly discount them and they are allocated driver quantities, they...
  3. roswellj

It's weird though. TM obviously sell enough of them. The last lot were sold out in most places and going for significantly more on Ebay than their retail. The demand obviously exceeds the supply.
  4. roswellj

Why not though? We're in an age where tech means that a lot of 5 woods are throwing out 3 wood numbers. There's not a lot of point carrying around two clubs that can achieve the same outcome so why not ditch the 3 and grab something that'll be safer but not quite as far as a driver.
  5. roswellj

We just couldn't wait to go hitting bombs.
  6. roswellj

Just got the email from Taylormade. I was pining after this the first time round but could never find one in a stiff flex. Reckon I'll pick one up this time around...
  7. roswellj

Thinking about replacing my hybrids with a fairway wood.

It depends where your miss is. Most hybrids have a bit more offset so if your miss is left then a wood might work better. I changed from a 3h to a 5w for this reason and have had big improvements. Considering a 7w as well but I find the 4h to be a go to club out of rough and the woods. If your...
  8. roswellj

How long did it take you to break 100?

Honestly it's a tough question. I've seen some golfers with truly horrible swings and misses regularly break 90. I've seen golfers that can stripe a ball regularly struggle to shoot under 110. I think it's always going to come down course management and the ability to consistently hit the ball...
  9. roswellj

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Snapped my few months old Srixon mkii 5w while practicing into a net.... Off a tee 😒
  10. roswellj

Is This The Worst YouTube Golf Trope- Part 2?

As someone who makes YouTube content in a totally different niche and makes a decent amount of money from it I don’t blame them one bit. Getting people to click play is the first hard step and a title and thumbnail is going to do that. Keeping them watching is harder though. James Robinson gives...
  11. roswellj

What did you shoot today?

Shot a 92. It was my first time breaking 100 since coming back 8 months ago after many years not playing. HC is currently at 27 so it was a stableford score of 46 which is nuts. It also included a blowup hole where I carded a 9 on a par 4. Driving and wedges were on fire. Felt like I couldn’t...
  12. roswellj

What Would It Take For You To Put Wilson Equipment In The Bag?

I almost had the D9's in the bag. Was between the D9 and the srixon zx4 and the srixon just won out but it was close in testing. I do have a D9 3wood in the bag at the moment. Hit it further and straighter than any of the 3woods from TM or Callaway. It may be getting replaced by a burner mini...
  13. roswellj

CONTEST 2023 THP Holiday Cheer Day 1 – Win a Cobra AeroJet Driver

Would be replacing a ping g425 max. I'd go with the standard aerojet in a 10.5
  14. roswellj

CONTEST 2023 THP Holiday Cheer Day 3 – Win a Mizuno ST-G Driver

Yiew awesome giveaway! Currently a Ping G425 max with Tensei orange stiff
  15. roswellj

CONTEST 2023 THP Holiday Cheer Day 2 – Win a Callaway Apex Pro Irons

Amazing giveaway! They'd be replacing my srixon zx4ii
Back