Recent content by rrpruett

1. rrpruett

The Eagle has landed

We it finally happened, after playing golf off and on for over 30 years, and playing over 100 rounds last year, I finally got an Eagle. I have been taking a lot of crap from one of my sons that has only been playing for about a year and he already has an eagle. It was on a par 5, he hit it stiff...
  2. rrpruett

WTB Wishon 949 MC 3 wood

I am looking for this head in a 14* right handed. I will buy the entire club if needed but I have a shaft. Thanks Rick
  3. rrpruett

FS or FT GS95 S300 Stiff Shafts.

I am going to be pulling out my True Temper Stiff GS95 S300 shafts 5-PW standard length from my JPX 800 Pros. I want to put in some C tapers R+ 1/2" over. If anyone is either looking to get some GS95's or possible trade for some C Tapers let me know. I know Ill be paying more for the C Tapers...
  4. rrpruett

Shaft reccomendation for my sons new driver head.

I just purchased a Golf Geek little bastard driver head for one of my sons. He is having problems hitting the ball too high so I got him your 7.5* head just to check it out. I have three of shaft options for shafts that I currently have. I would like to know if anyone has a recommendation on...
  5. rrpruett

Looking for a 7* or 8* driver head

I am looking for a Driver head to build for one of my sons. He hits the ball extremely high with his driver and want to try a lower loft head. I have a good shaft to put in it I just need a head. Any recommendations on a good head I can buy?
  6. rrpruett

Looking at starting to do my own work. Need advice.

OK im thinking about taking the plunge into club building and doing some of my own work. I have 4 boys that all play golf and we are always paying to get work done like regripping, shaft replacements etc. I have watched some of the videos on a couple of websites and checked out some tools at...
  7. rrpruett

Counter weighting a shaft, Have you done it?

We had a guy out at our club this weekend selling and demoing a system for counter weighting shafts. The system he was selling was called Tour Lock Pro. http://www.tourlockpro.com/tourlockpro.htm. Im not a salesman for them or anything so im not pushing the product I just want to know if any of...
  8. rrpruett

MIZUNO Exsar™ IS4 Graphite shaft questions

I have a set of JPX 800's with the MIZUNO Exsar IS4 Graphite (Regular) shafts in them. I have been looking at some different shaft options just to see if I can get my ball flight lower. I hit the ball really high and short. Example I hit my 6 Iron 135 to 140 yards. When I got fit for this club I...
  9. rrpruett

Titleist Midsize Staff Bag.. Anyone have one?

I am looking at purchasing this bag. I have been looking at getting a Staff Bag but some of them just look way too big to fit on a cart or on my clickgear 2.0. I seen one like this today at the course and It looked very nice. One of my concerns is that it only has 3 dividers going to the bottom...
  10. rrpruett

Getting use to a new set of Irons. How long

I have noticed that I am starting to hit my irons a lot better these past few weeks. Im not sure if my golf game is just getting better because I am playing a lot of if Im getting use to my new Irons. I have had these for about 3-4 months. I feel like Im just starting to hit them really well...
  11. rrpruett

Changing Lofts on JPX 800's Possible ??

I was wondering if anyone has tried to change the lofts on the mizuno JPX 800. I read the Mizuno website and it says that it can not be changes since they are cast clubs i assume not forged. I have a gap between my 6 iron and my 5 hybrid. I want to strengthen the loft of my 6 iron if possible. I...
  12. rrpruett

Do You Use/Hit a Water Ball

Ok I got to thinking, I wonder how many people take that old water ball out of the bag when having to hit over some water on a par 3. We have a hole at our club that has lots of water to carry and on occasion ill take out that older e6 and hit it instead of the new one. So how many of you put...
  13. rrpruett

My lesson from Fred Couples yesterday

While I was watching the champions tour yesterday/ (tape delay from round 1) i kept watching how many different type of shots Freddy hit into the greens. He would hit little knock down shots, half wedges, pitch and runs, etc. they guy is so fun to watch swing the golf club. its Amazing. So i...
  14. rrpruett

Any Fly Fisherman on THP

Just wondering how many people here on THP do some Fly Fishing. I was doing a lot of it prior to playing so much golf. I live near the Kernriver and at times it has some great fishing. I love to fly fish it just seems like there is not enough time to do all the fun stuff available. Spring is...
  15. rrpruett

Need a Drill for my Son

My son is having a heck of a time getting his hips through way too fast and is just topping the ball or hitting it right, and i mean right. He is also coming up way too fast. Do you have a drill to help him get his hips in sync with his upper body and to stay down?
Back