Recent content by rxk9fan

1. R

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I am into week 8 of waiting now. Hitting my Z945's well, so not the end of the world but still frustrated. Actually thinking of going ahead with a knee replacement I was putting off until November. I could start healing and waiting at the same time :)
  2. R

Yes you can. Not one of their "pre-packaged" sets, but can for sure be ordered that way. I actually broke on the 5-6.
  3. R

Reed Vs. Dechambeau- Who’s worse

Right...if I had the chance I would love to hang with Reed and have a few beers. B would be OK too. Tiger...I know he is loved by many so I would give one of the many my opportunity.
  4. R

Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

I got to play 18 holes with my Buddies Epic Max today. As I said, I had two really good range sessions with it and I was excited to get it on the course. I put in a solid 38 on the front (slope 132), and backed it up with a 44. I think I hit one fairway on the back with it...just hit it...
  5. R

Anyone coming from the Z945? Curious how they compare in feel, distance, and forgiveness?
  6. R

Ordered 2/4 and told them I didn't care what grips and in fact just leave them off. Was told middle of March a couple of weeks ago. Fingers crossed!
  7. R

Average on Trackman was 264. I really need to hit the ball on the upswing, but usually don't :-( Technology has definitely kept us older guys on some tees that would not be possible with a persimmon driver.
  8. R

I am going to be so un-golf forum like here. I have hit a lot of drivers (many poorly) over the last three years, but for two days straight I have had crazy good result with the Epic Max and the (embarrassing) Recoil 450 shaft...and I like the green color scheme. It is my friends and in two...
  9. R

I can validate TM changed the way they measured and they are about 1/4 inch shorter than Titleist. It is explained on their web site but not in a very prominent way. I played the new P770's with SteelFiber shafts for several month. I liked everything with two exceptions: 1. I could not tell...
  10. R

Do you know your carry distances?

I go to a Trackman one to two times a year to hit stock shots and get the report on all my distances. When I am buying irons, the number one characteristic I look for is ALWAYS repeatable distances. I hit a lot of balls in a year at my club. I always laser distances to pins on the driving...
  11. R

do you expect to mishit the ball ?

I once read that Dave Pelz wrote that amateurs approach shots were short of the pin between 80% and 95% of the time depending on club in hand. When you think back carefully, how many balls in your group end up past the pin in a round? In honesty, we usually plan on that well struck shot that...
  12. R

You are on your way! When did you order and what shafts?
  13. R

Did your order include a ZX5 5i? I heard they had been backordered? Thank you!
  14. R

Did this include a ZX5 in the 5i?
  15. R

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons

I was at my favorite fitter the day they received their ZX5's and ZX7's. I go in once a year to get distances and fix any gaps on whatever is in my bag. I had played the new version of the TM P770 with Steelfiber 95's most of the year, but I just could not tell where my misses were on the...
Back