Recent content by sacul1573

1. sacul1573

Saltwater Aquariums

I've started keeping a small freshwater aquarium, and have really gotten into it. As such, I've been doing alot of reading, and have become pretty interested for the last few months in starting a saltwater aquarium. I'm looking at something between 80-120 gallons, fish with live rock only to...
  2. sacul1573

Super Saver Shipping

I once again find myself just shy of the $25 mark to qualify for Amazon's Free Super Saver shipping. 65 cents to be exact. This happens ALL the time. So now I'm racking my brain trying to think of what I can buy for more than 65 cents but less than a few dollars that I need or want. Does...
  3. sacul1573

I think Little Sacul is a lefty

Well, they say you can't tell if a kid is left or right handed until they're 2 or 3. Little Sacul is 17 months old and he's starting to favor his left hand. Holding spoon/forks, dragging golf clubs around, etc. There is still alot of swapping from left to right to left, but definitely seems like...
  4. sacul1573

Getting over the (range) hump

I have a problem. I'm hitting balls very consitently on the range. Dropping irons on the 100/150/175 greens every time, drawing/fading or high/low working the ball intentionally sometimes. Driving straight with a small draw out to the 230-250 range. Why is this a problem you ask? Because I...
  5. sacul1573

Could Favre's reputation be ruined?

In reading all the press about Favre's alleged behavior, one thing keeps coming back to my mind. IF he is found in the wrong, all those records, all those good memories will be forever tarnished with this "image" of him. Being from GB, us Wisconsin folk had a hard time understanding why he...
  6. sacul1573

Reverse pivot/too active lower body

Andy, I have a few things going on right now that I'm trying to nip in the butt before they get to be a big issue. I'm told I've developed a reverse pivot, and that I have a too active lower body. The result is hitting shots slightly fat or lack of consistancy, losing about 10-20 yards of...
  7. sacul1573

Average FIR/GIR/Putts to break 90, 80?

Kind of off a similar thread about distance, what about accuracy? What are the average FIR/GIR percentages and # of putts per 18 for a scratch golfer vs. a bogey golfer? I'm starting to get a good history on my stats, and was wondering what I should work on the most to break into the high...
  8. sacul1573

Working the ball

Hey Andy, I've looked over your video on THP TV on working the ball, and have tried your technique to line up to the target, and then open or close the stance for a fade/draw, but it doesnt seem to work too well for me. Any other tips or suggestions? I know you teach on feel, but I understand...
  9. sacul1573

I broke 80!

Well, I headed out to a local 9 hole course with my mom today, just to show her the ins and outs of golf (she's never played). I think she's my good luck charm, because I shot a 39/39 for a 78!!! :banana::alien2::blob::banana: It felt effortless, just focusing on being confident over every...
  10. sacul1573

The Dentist

One of the coolest experiences I've had was being awake for my wisdom teeth removal a few years ago. Today I had to get a filling, which I was looking forward to, and the doc even let me watch with a mirror. Lots of fun. I had decided I like going to the dentist. Now the novacaine is...
  11. sacul1573

Change your life

The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson I'm not one to gush over books, and how one book can change your life forever, and I truly do not believe that. One book cannot change your life. It's how you apply it's principles and lessons throughout your daily life, one day at a time. I consider myself a...
  12. sacul1573

Question: R9 sleeve adapter

These suckers are hard to find. I need a .335. Question, I see there are alot of .335 TP sleeves. Are there regular sleeves, or is there a difference?
  13. sacul1573

What really grinds your gears

In the words of Peter Griffin, what really "grinds your gears" when you are on the golf course or range? I mean, gets your ears steaming and your game suffers? I have a few: - Speed golfers who hit into my group more than once. Warning, I might send it back... - People who have more than a...
  14. sacul1573

The fire is at my doorstep

I step out our front door and see the wildfire here in LA about 1 mile off our doorstep, and the winds are/will be blowing it right at us. I'll post pics later, but right now we're scrambling to pack and get out. Say a prayer for us tonight...
  15. sacul1573

My new Miyazaki C. Kua shaft review

Club shafts seem to be a big topic here on THP. When one typically thinks about improving their golf equipment, clubs are the first thing that come to mind. Changing shafts probably doesnt even come into most golfer's mind. That was the case for me until a few months ago, when I stumbled across...
Back