Recent content by SaffaClint

1. SaffaClint

How many of you miss a green and instantly think bogie?

I play with a lot of golfers with wildly varying handicaps. One thing I notice is how often players might miss a green and walking up to the ball start mumbling about bogie, "Might as well mark me down for a bogie" etc before they've even hit the shot. Man, you could chip it close and still make...
  2. SaffaClint

Any low handicappers playing Mizuno JPX 850 Forged?

I know the target market according to Mizuno is from about a 6 handicap onwards but I'm keen to know if anyone there or with a lower handicap is playing these irons. I'm hoping to see them in the flesh this weekend but from the pictures they're gorgeous!!! I'm all for help when it comes to my...
  3. SaffaClint

DG X100 players?

How many of you play this shaft? I ask because when I was just getting back into golf in 2013 I used the Mizuno shaft optimizer and it recommended soft stepped (once) DG X100 shafts. I ended up going with the KBS Tour S shafts and enjoyed them but my miss was predominantly left. A few years...
  4. SaffaClint

WTB: Nike Vapor Pro Combo irons

Does anyone have a set of these, or Bridgestone J15CB, in mint condition with stiff flex shafts that they're wanting to sell?
  5. SaffaClint

Too good to be true!?

I recently bought a set of these irons from Global Golf and paid a fair bit more. I'm just wondering if anyone thinks deals like this on eBay are too good to be true...
  6. SaffaClint

New line from Bridgestone.

I don't know if this is allowed or not but Bridgestone are set to release a new line of clubs in Japan as well as the US in October? They're very nice looking, including all new irons, hybrid's, fairway and drivers. Seems quite soon after the J15 line was released? I will say I love the look of...
  7. SaffaClint

Drug cheats?

I'm wondering how everyone feels about them? I've been watching the IAAF meeting that's currently on and the commentators keep going on about keeping sport clean and drug cheats out. That's all fine and well but let me talk about Justin Garland. He's been find guilty of doping twice and...
  8. SaffaClint

Donald Trump for president, seriously!?

We keep hearing about the presidential race on our news here in New Zealand and I have to say I'm blown away by the fact that DT has as much support as he does? To me he seems like a pigheaded misogynistic bully with no filter between his brain and mouth that could very quickly escalate...
  9. SaffaClint

Longevity of rubber in TaylorMade speed slot irons?

I'm doing some online research and it seems that from time to time there's been problems with the rubber filling coming loose a bit and bulging out the bottom. Do any people that own a set of clubs with these speed slots have any experience of this happening?
  10. SaffaClint

Which irons to choose?

So, I bought a set of Nike Forged VR Pro Combo irons and made the mistake of telling my friend they were still unopened in my bag. Well he looked at them and offered me way more than I paid for them, short story I sold them. Now I'm looking online and with the way the nz$ had dropped in value I...
  11. SaffaClint

Operation done, now time to recover.

The op my elbow went ahead as planned on Thursday last week. The surgeon was happy afterwards and tells me it was a proper mess inside. The plan was to repair the damage, it ended up being an almost full reconstruction. I'm left with what'll be a massive scar, lol. Surgeon said about 3 months I...
  12. SaffaClint

D.S.G , massive favor to ask!!

Hi all, I see in the Lamkin uTx thread that there's a closeout sale in store at Dick's Sporting Goods. I've asked in that thread if anyone can help but so far no luck. I'm super keen to get a set of 13 grips, ideally in black and midsized although I'd be happy with standard sized. These grips...
  13. SaffaClint

I made 2 pars, left handed!!

I've not played golf in months thanks to an elbow injury as some of you will know. This morning a good friend called me and asked if I'd like to join him for a round of golf. He knew I'd only be walking so that was fine. After 3 holes I was itching to hit a shot. Problem is he's left handed...
  14. SaffaClint

Great trade with Cookie !

My first trade with a THP member went really well and I'd like to thank Cookie for being a pleasure to deal with. I traded him my putter for his Cure Rxi and it arrived today, in NZ!! It's in awesome condition and I couldn't be happier, thanks bud! Enjoy your new flatstick.
  15. SaffaClint

Lamkin I line grips?

I'm thinking of going to bigger/thicker grips and have been looking at the Lamkin website. They have the iline oversized grips on sale. Ideally I'm looking for mid sized grips. Are the oversized ones they sell just their version of a mid size?
Back