Recent content by Grand Stranded

1. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I’m the opposite of not keeping score. Every time I play it’s either league, money game or comp. Not to mention I have so many side bets going, I need to sit with about 5-6 guys for about an hour afterward to figure out how much I won or lost. I’m a bit of a degenerate. 🙄
  2. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Welcome, and you’re going to love the G425 Max!
  3. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I got back home to Myrtle Beach this morning. I‘ve only played 3x in the last 6 weeks due to family and back issues, but I’m hoping that’s all behind me now. I’m going to head to the range tomorrow and Friday, then play Saturday. Next week I’ll be in full golf mode again, playing every Tuesday...
  4. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I think if a sports psychologist like Bob Rotella played in a foursome with you and me, he’d be looking to get drunk before we finished 9 holes.
  5. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Nice playing, and smart decision with the tees. 6431? No thanks.
  6. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I’m no expert, (in fact I’m pretty bad with my wedges around the green) but I don’t think the amount of forgiveness in a CBX as opposed to a RTX matters if you’re hitting a ball off the hosel.
  7. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

It’s been a rough week. My dad passed away last Thursday morning, so I drove up to Long Island that afternoon. Even though he was about to turn 95 he was living with my sister from when my mom passed so he lwas always surrounded by his family. He lived a long, happy life. It was time though as...
  8. Grand Stranded

An unspoken golf rule that needs to change tomorrow: "Hole-In-One golfer having to buy everyone else drinks!"

We pay $10 hole in one insurance in my leagues. with anywhere from 30-50 guys signed up, that usually pays for at least one (sometimes two) HIO by someone in the group. It is funny though when the odd guy who wouldn’t put in his $10 gets stuck with a big bar bill.
  9. Grand Stranded

Which would you choose?

Ah… that makes sense. Good luck in league! 👍
  10. Grand Stranded

Which would you choose?

If that’s the case, why did you sell the first set to get another one with the Darts?
  11. Grand Stranded

Which would you choose?

Srixons. You bought them to play them.
  12. Grand Stranded

2 Questions - Handicaps & Differentials

Yes and Yes If you play for money you know.
  13. Grand Stranded

Brand Talk: What comes to mind when you think of PING?

@David7 you wanted thoughts on the other OEMs? I tried to relate them to automotive brands the way someone did here with Ping/Audi. Titleist/ Mercedes Ping/Audi Mizuno/BMW PXG/Tesla Taylormade/Toyota Callaway/Nissan Cobra/Hyundai Cleveland/Chevy The top 4 have a country club cache about them...
Back