Recent content by Scott F

1. Scott F

John Deere

Where do the golf clubs go?
  2. Scott F

Review Voice Caddie T11-pro

I had issues with my Voice Caddie G1. It locked up on me and needed a factory reset which should have been easy to do from the app, but it didn’t work and I had to send it back. A year later, it happened again.(see below) I couldn’t get anyone at Voice Caddie to return emails and I just about...
  3. Scott F

Thinking about a Tesla

How many sets of tires have you had in 149,000 miles?
  4. Scott F

Would this stop you from playing?

I just refused to play in dry weather when it was below 50, cloudy and windy. No way I’m playing while it’s raining too.
  5. Scott F

off the course do you wear golf logo hats and shirts?

No. Except for a couple of hats, I don’t wear or buy branded/logo apparel golf or otherwise.
  6. Scott F

Foam Trucker Hat

Haven’t foam hats been around forever? I’ve got a few from back in the day when I was a fisherman. The foam hats were the cheapest hats you could get and the ones that companies would give away as promotional items. I still have some because I never liked them, and didn’t wear them much but I...
  7. Scott F

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Massive Bridgestone Testing

1. I don’t currently play any one particular ball. 2. Mindset is an interesting concept. Having a spot on the ball to focus on and picturing your shot is what I try to do. 3. I’d like to try the Tour B RX ball.
  8. Scott F

Flagstick In or Out

Leave it in for me. The fewer times I have to bend over, especially to pick up the pin off the ground the better. I can’t remember a time when a putt of mine was kept from going in because of the flag. With the guys I play with, if we are all convinced the ball should have fallen, we count it...
  9. Scott F

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I was lucky. I qualified for social security disability when I had to retire at age 61 so I was able to get Medicare early. My wife still needed health insurance and my pension provided money that paid for medical expenses including her health insurance. Medical insurance is a huge expense that...
  10. Scott F

Same grip for chips?

I use the same grip for every club and every shot including the putter.
  11. Scott F

How does you salary look compared to this?

If I made $12,000 per shot, I’d have a heck of a lot more money than Scottie.
  12. Scott F

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

When I was retiring, I visited a few financial advisors. Two of them instilled zero confidence in their ability to manage my life savings. Both of them only used the Monte Carlo model. Neither of them were working with my best interest at heart. I needed someone whose fiduciary responsibility...
  13. Scott F

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

I’ve got an Arnold Palmer sand wedge that I got handed down from my father back in the early 70’s. I have no idea when he got it. I learned how to get out of the sand with it back then and I still use it because it gets me out of soft sand better than any wedge I’ve had since then.
  14. Scott F

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

If you had to play with clubs that were the farthest thing from fitting your game, how much worse would you play? In this video, Bryson DeChambeau played 6 holes with a 4 club set of junior clubs and still shot even par. How much do the clubs really matter?
  15. Scott F

At this point in your life what is your "No thanks, it's too cold for me to play" temperature? And what's the coldest temp you ever did play in?

My seniors golf league starts tomorrow. Our tee times for our 18 hole league begins at 8am. With temps at 40° for the first groups out and climbing to a high of 46° and wind speeds of 16-22mph, I’m going to wimp out. I don’t enjoy 4 hours of cold hands and feet or trying to play with layers of...
Back