Recent content by Scott F

1. Scott F

If you were a tour pro, where would you live?

I’d probably choose to live near mine or my wife’s family, or where I have some sort of connection with others I know.
  2. Scott F

Elbow issues? Does swapping to graphite iron shafts help?

I hope the OP’s tendinitis is gone with by now seeing it started over 18 months ago.
  3. Scott F

New Gear...what do you do?

I’ll be getting a new driver this year and it’s highly unlikely it will be a 2021 model. I’m also in the market for a GPS watch. I’m waiting for the new models to see what happens with prices and features
  4. Scott F

Jumbo grip on driver like Bryson?

I use oversize Lamkin grips on my driver and fairway woods which is the largest grip Lamkin offers. Feels great too me.
  5. Scott F

What is your go-to golf day?

I didn’t play on the weekends this past summer but I did use the range and practice green. Any weekday weather permitting Is ok with me.
  6. Scott F

Best Method for Learning?

I learned how to play golf in the 60’s without video, or launch monitors or computers. I got hands on lessons from my father who was self taught. We were pretty good, not scratch level, but not bad for weekend players. My learning was done at a young age and didn’t start with bad habits. From...
  7. Scott F

Playing The Back Tees

Anybody who does eye rolls after seeing someone hit a bad shot is someone who is going to do it no matter where you teed it from. Play from wherever you darn well please. Just keep up.
  8. Scott F

When An HIO Isn't A HIO

In a fun round, (all my rounds are fun rounds) I had about a 60 yard third shot into a par 5. Hit it very fat and left it way short. For practice, I dropped down another one, hit a perfect shot that went in. My partner was laughing at me. “Don’t you hate when you do that”. If I was keeping...
  9. Scott F

What club do you have in your bag the longest?

Mine is my Ping Anser putter I bought new in 1971. Only putter I’ve used since.
  10. Scott F

Spinoff: How Much Network TV Do You Still Watch?

I’m retired and during the winter with covid running rampant, I’m staying home nearly all the time. My tv is on a lot. I’ve tried most of the streaming services and haven’t found anything that I liked enough to pay extra for. By “network TV” are you referring to just the big networks of CBS...
  11. Scott F

Basement goals!

If I win the lottery, that setup would not be below ground but in its own separate building connected to the house
  12. Scott F

Pick the Super Bowl.

I don’t care who wins, as long as it isn’t the Packers. I’m guessing the Chiefs will be their opponent
  13. Scott F

Random Facts

There are more horses asses than there are horses.
  14. Scott F

How do you cook bacon?

I only cook 2 slices at a time so I use a skillet. I then cook my eggs in the bacon grease
  15. Scott F

How much would you spend to play a round at Augusta?

Playing Augusta, Pine Valley, Pebble Beach or any other legendary course would be great. I just don’t have the kind of discretionary income would allow me to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on 4 hours of golf especially on courses that would eat me alive. My only shot to play on one of...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in