Recent content by Shankosaurus

1. S

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

After that escapade, I always have a spare belt in my bag :p If you want to play somewhere in the middle, let me know. I'm slowly making it back from the transplant, been 2 years and while I thought I was better last year, it's only in the last month that I have really felt like myself.
  2. S

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Been a long time.... anyone interested in playing Friday? I’m willing to travel to Buffalo or Syracuse if necessary. Honestly, I can basically anywhere within 2 hours.
  3. S

FS: Mizuno JPX-850 Cast 6-AW

For sale are my Mizuno JPX-850 cast Irons, 6 thru GW. These are standard lofts but 1 degree upright. I used them for one year until a bag evaluation showed me that these are way too upright for me. These are in good shape except for the nick in the GW where I hit a submerged rock. Price is $300...
  4. S

Took the plunge.....

and joined a private club today. The price was right (read:inexpensive) and it is one of the nicer course in Rochester. Not on the Oak Hill level, but I didn't have the $106,000 for their initiation :doh: Brook-Lea hosted a Symmetra tour event this year, which was a large success. It's an...
  5. S

FS: Cleveland 588 Altitude Irons 4-DW

These are good irons, just not for me. Have to move them out to fund other things. They will be fully cleaned before shipping. $220 includes shipping in the continental U.S. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. S

Golf in retirement

I am planning on retiring next year, and I have started to think about moving to a more golf-oriented area. So far I have put Pinehurst, Pawley's Island, Maryland Eastern shore and the Charleston and Hilton Head areas on the list for closer examination. Are there any others that I have...
  7. S

Yours for the asking: Nike Covert Tour Wrench

I recently bought a couple of new Nike Covert Tour fairway woods, and each one came with it's own wrench. Combined with the wrench I got with the driver, that makes 3, and I don't think even I could lose that many. I am going to keep a spare, so 1 is available. SO.. if anyone out there...
  8. S

Day at Bethpage Black

It turned out to be a beautiful day for a round at Bethpage Black. It was myself, 2 friends from Rochester, and Thainer21 was able to join us from Philadelphia. We woke up to drizzle this morning, which ended up being a good thing. There were a number of cancellations which meant that we could...
  9. S

One spot available - Bethpage Black

I have one spot available at Bethpage Black on Monday, 9/16 at 1:27. If you want the spot, I need to know by 6 pm tonight, otherwise I will modify my reservation. First PM with a firm commit gets the spot.
  10. S

Was the Deal of the Day sticky dropped intentionally?

It was the one thread I read everyday. My thanks to DawgDaddy for all the work he put into it.
  11. S

Mizuno JPX-800 First Impressions

I know there has to have been a thread out there with pictures, but I'l be d***** if I can find it. If pictures are desired, I can post some at a later date. Evaluation process: I went to the golf shop late Sunday afternoon to hit some iron sets. I had been using the same irons for about 13...
  12. S

Hello from Rochester, NY

Hello everyone, I finally signed up at THP after a few months of lurking and soaking up information. I'm 58 years old, and after 15 years of raising children I'm getting back in to the game seriously (well, at least as seriously as a mid-handicapper can get). I used to be around a 14-16...
Back